Duration: Freelance | Contract or Temp-to Hire
We have an immediate opening for a Web Designer to work with our client who leads a holistic digital creative team. Together, you will collaborate with front-end and back-end developers, marketing, and creatives to create and update marketing emails, banner ads, landing pages, micro-sites, website...etc. in one of the most stable environment: where the direction and mission is clear, work is done holistically.
You will be greatly rewarded by seeing your work attached to one of the most respected brands in the industry.
We are ready to talk to you NOW! Please send us your resume, link to your portfolio, and your desired hourly rate and salary.
The Job: Web Designer/Producer
(Freelance, full time: 40 hours per week, 8 weeks minimum contract working on-site)
Description: [digital creative]
• Collaborate with Product Marketing Managers, Engineers and creative teams to design emails campaigns, landing pages, ads.
• Translate business requirements and product specs into simple flows/interactions and design interfaces that are visually appealing and functional
• Provide all mockups, wireframes, prototypes, final visual design, and flows when needed
• Ensure there is consistent design language across all marketing collaterals
* Five+ years’ experience working on large-scale web sites.
* Strong design sense with ability to follow both artistic and technical direction with attention to detail is required. A flare for visually appealing, well-organized layouts for promotional landing pages and/or web application user interfaces with little art direction, and an ability to suggest improvements to existing page design is required.
* Understanding and experience in UI/UX best practices.
* Experience in conceptualizing and wire-framing pages (e.g. using Balsamiq Mockups) a plus.
* Strong experience with HTML editors such as Sublime Text, and Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator)/Sketch required.
* Fluency in writing CSS and HTML 5 from scratch and familiarity with responsive design/Bootstrap, with a solid understanding of coding best practices is required.
* Understanding and experience in email development best practices. Experience working in automated marketing and email management applications (e.g. Pardot, Marketo, HubSpot, Mailchimp) is required.
* WordPress custom Theme development (both content management and template design) with the ability to modify PHP is a plus. Familiarity with large-scale site content management systems is preferred.
* Familiarity with browser compatibility issues, and cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device testing is required. Ability to quickly identify and debug issues is strongly preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent command of web-based communication.
* A high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner. Ability to manage multiple tasks and project deadlines.
* A genuine passion for email and web design, UI/UX, and technology.
* The ability to translate marketing messaging into all digital mediums/platforms including social, web and mobile.
* Knowledge of design/UI strengths and challenges for the desktop and mobile web.
* An understanding of responsive design and experience building sites and email that works well on multiple screen sizes.
* The ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams made up of internal and external team members
* The ability to draw/sketch would be helpful.
We look forward to chatting with you soon!