Duration: Freelance | Contract or Temp-to Hire
We have an immediate opening for a Visual Designer to work with our client who appreciate "outside of the box" thinkers! Your expertise and fresh ideas will be highly noticed and your implementation will make direct impact on how our client's online shoppers' shopping experience. You will collaborate with the Verticals team and across partners in Business, Product, and Engineering and dedicate their collective creativity and execution to delivering experiences that bring delight to our client's customers, meeting them where they are.
Are you ready to bring your passion to work? Ready to be a valuable member of a holistic creative team where you will have autonomy and take ownership of your effective designs from concept to completion?
We want to chat with you immediately if you are a creative and strategic designer, passionate for building in the e-commerce space, who will jump in and make an immediate impact.
What You'll Do
• Think conceptually – applying a user-centered approach to requirements and interdependencies – to develop engaging interfaces.
• Think visually – using techniques like storyboards and sketching – to communicate interaction design concepts.
• Make design decisions based on good judgement, experience, research, and data.
• Make a real impact at scale through new product launches and interface improvements that effect billions of our client's customers everyday life
• Be part of a fun, humble team, always learning, collaborating with other designers to deliver a cohesive customer centered experience.
What You'll Need
• A strong product design portfolio that demonstrates how you design to solve customer needs.
• Excellent grasp of the design thinking and prototyping process, including product/interaction/visual, with the know-how to move from pencil on paper to layout to pixel-perfect handoff using tools such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
• Stellar interaction skills (track record of deploying user interface standards and conventions, functional communication flows, dynamic engaging interfaces).
• Stellar visual skill (attention to detail, stay on brand, build new patterns).
• Deep understanding of design principals and industry trends.
• Expert communication and presentation skills with ability to clearly present your work; you are articulate and can advocate design rationale.
• Readily give and receive constructive feedback.
• Expert partnering with cross functional teams in launching new products and improvements to existing features.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years designing for multiple platforms experience, with 3+ years as a senior visual and interaction designer or equivalent practical experience.
We are ready to talk to you NOW! Please send us your resume, link to your portfolio, and your desired hourly rate and salary.