- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Facilities Associate position supports all facilities needs and works closely with contractors and vendors to ensure the facility is maintained to the highest standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform basic facility improvements: painting, minor construction repairs and improvements.
- Drive company box truck between local (close proximity) facility locations delivering goods.
- Utilize planned and preventative maintenance, and other industry best practices to maintain office, production, and warehouse space across the business unit.
- Actively participate in strategic facility planning through coordination and technical leadership in the analysis and development of strategic business plans covering resource requirements, including time phasing and location options with supporting cost benefit analysis.
- Assist in the process of acquiring machinery and equipment, to include collaborating with stakeholders, overseeing requirements and specifications, managing delivery, installation, and commissioning of new equipment.
- Assist in executing equipment maintenance strategy.
- Support all facilities work requests, regular and non-standard repair and maintenance, strategic space planning, factory layout coordination, and office personnel moves.
- Maintain relationships with all service company vendors/contractors, to include contract service agreement administration and management, budgeting, forecasting, and purchase order requests.
- Lead benchmarking of industry standards to ensure all facilities and maintenance efforts are planned to standard: OSHA compliance.
- Improve Environmental and Energy standard and identify energy cost improvement opportunities.
At least one of the following:
- High school diploma/GED
- 5-10 years experience in similar field/job duties
- Valid driver’s license.
- CDL Preferred
- Technical certifications in related field preferred
Excellent attention to details, strong planning, and problem-solving skills. Excellent organization and time management skills, communication, multitasking, interpersonal and listening skills. Excellent listening and verbal comprehension skills, including ability to translate client needs to contractors; good working relations with colleagues and vendors/contractors. Ability to make quick but well-thought-out decisions and adapt to changing environments and requirements. Self-motivating and ability to work well independently as well as using a collaborative team approach. Ability to adhere to established timelines, processes, and procedures. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and database software. Customer service/client relationship management skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and clients.
Ability to perform calculations and apply mathematical concepts to metrics analyses.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint, as well as an aptitude for learning new database software quickly. SharePoint and Microsoft Visio experience a plus.
Certificates and Licenses
Valid driver’s license required.
Related technical certificates preferred: electrical, plumbing, etc.
This position supports all facilities business needs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by
our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off,
medical, dental, and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus,
we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can
learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment
where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and
AddressJohnson City, TN
Real EstateView all jobs at LabConnect, LLC