Medical Laboratory Technician MLT
- Over a month ago
- $37,000 to $40,000 Yearly
MLT for High Complexity Lab
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Technician
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
Performs and interprets laboratory tests in the areas of hematology, chemistry and urinalysis and toxicology .
- Obtains/or receives laboratory specimens
- Supervisory experience
- Performs, interprets clinical laboratory testing
- Follows safe work practices
- Understands the principles of and competently performs preventative
- Maintenance, quality control and quality assurance
- Performs basic trouble shooting of instrumentation and procedures
- Analyzes and reports 5-part manual differentials
- Maintains records of tests performed and results received.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Participates in staff development, new employee training or orientation as requested.
- Works independently, organizing work to meet established deadlines; records and reports data obtained accurately to patient and health care team members.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Associate's Degree in science
- Successful completion of a NACCLS accredited MLT program,
- Have (ASCP) certification, or AMT or eligible to take exam within one year of hire
- Or, successful completion of a 50 week U.S. Military medical laboratory training course, or
- Registration by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists as a Medical Laboratory Technician or N.C.A. as a Clinical Laboratory Technician is required, or grand fathered by the U.S. Military.
- Knowledge of: Medical laboratory techniques, principles, and instruments.
Physical Demand Requirements
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Employees in this job classification have been identified as having the likelihood of occupational exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials, therefore, are included in OSHA Exposure Control Plan with all its specifications for preventing contact with the above materials. Employees in job classification have also been identified as having the likelihood of exposure to sharps, glass containers and hazardous chemicals.
Job Type: Full time
Lab Express IncWhy Work Here?
LabXpress is an established and growing local clinical laboratory that specializes in patient self-pay, walk-in laboratory testing.
Lab Express has 8 blood and drug testing sites along with an onsite laboratory. LXI is a family owned company that has been in business for almost 30 years. There are many long term employees and much room for growth. LXI encourages "out of the box" thinking. The corporate office is located in Willo Historic District and in very close proximity to a variety of restaurants.
5th Avenue and McDowell RdPhoenix, AZ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?