The Bakery Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining, repairing and modifying bakery equipment and conveyor system throughout the industrial bakery in Plymouth, MI.
Responsibilities of a Maintenance Technician:
- Maintenance of baking equipment.
- Maintenance of conveyor system.
- Review, complete and communicate preventative maintenance on machines.
- Preventative maintenance duties a variety of lines and equipment.
- Rotate, change, inspect, and install equipment/parts.
- Drive hi-lo to move equipment for inspection/repair.
- Working with mixing, refrigeration, proofer, and oven equipment.
- Take initiative to learn more about the machines with reading manuals.
- Properly Lock out/ Tag out any applicable equipment before maintenance.
- Follow all “Good Manufacturing Practices” as outlined in the orientation.
- Properly follow all safety policies.
- Communicate safety issues immediately.
- Inform supervisor of any inconsistencies immediately.
- Any and all other duties deemed necessary by supervision.
Qualifications of a Maintenance Technician:
- Industrial mechanical experience.
- Industrial electrical experience including PLC’s.
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing machines.
- Experience with pneumatics, hydraulics, and welding.
- Must have own tools.
- Prior experience driving a hi-lo is preferred.
- This job requires a criminal background check. Convictions and pending felony charges are not an absolute bar to employment and will only be considered if required by law or there is a substantial relationship to the circumstances of the particular job or if bond ability is at issue.
Physical Requirements of a Maintenance Technician:
- Fast paced work environment.
- Lift fifty or more pounds on a regular basis.
- Bend, lift, pull, push, stoop, bend and climb.
- Color perception (the ability to differentiate colors) is a must.
Compensation of a Maintenance Technician:
- $24-$28 hour ($24 to start, increase to $28/hr once a maintenance test has been passed)
Benefits of a Maintenance Technician:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Employer Contribution covers up to 84% of the family medical plan)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- 401K w/ employer contribution
- Paid Training
- Company Paid uniforms
- Monthly employee lunches
- Quarterly and yearly attendance bonuses.
- Company Events (Holiday Party, BBQ’s)
Schedule of a Maintenance Technician:
- 3-4 days per week
- Shifts could be 5am-5pm, or 5pm-5am
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume to this job posting for review. At this time we will only reach out to those who match our client’s needs. Thank you for your time and interest in this opportunity.
LaJoy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job requires (or may require) a background check. Pending arrests or convictions are not an absolute bar to employment and will only be considered if there is a substantial relationship to the circumstances of the particular job or if bondability is at issue.