AUTOMOTIVE SHUTTLE DRIVER (PART-TIME)
- Posted: over a month ago
AUTOMOTIVE SHUTTLE DRIVER (PART-TIME)
Are you interested in joining a growing business that is committed to family, promotes employees from within, is passionate about protecting the environment, has an inspiring company culture, and is actively involved with the community and local charities? If so, this opportunity might be for you!
THE POSITION: The Shuttle Driver picks up and delivers customers to and from the dealership.
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Discounts on Sales and Service
- Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Employer Paid Life/AD&D, Employee Assistance Program)
- Voluntary Benefits (Flexing Spending Account, Life/AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, Legal & Identity Theft Protection)
- 401(k) and Employer Match
- Holiday Savings Program with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Skills & Qualifications:
- Current, Valid, Driver’s license; satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) Required.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Problem solving.
- Ability to complete tasks on your own as well with a team.
- Good work ethic organized, and positive attitude are a must.
Education and Experience:
- No retail experience is necessary.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates a passenger van safely and efficiently.
- Responds to requests from dispatch or management for scheduled and unscheduled pick-ups or drop-offs.
- Assists passengers in boarding and exiting vehicle.
- Inspects exterior and interior of vehicle at beginning of each shift for properly operating headlights, turn signals, brake lights, interior courtesy lamps, air-conditioning or heating, warning lamps, mirror adjustment, properly inflated tires, windshield wipers, vehicle damage, etc. prior to moving vehicle.
- Responsible for ensuring inside and outside of vehicle are properly cleaned and fueled on an ongoing basis.
- Keeps interior of vehicle neat and orderly.
- Accurately completes driver sheet for each shift with information including number of passengers, pick-up and drop-off times, mileages, destinations, etc.
- Treats all guests, customers, and other persons in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- May also be required to perform other related duties as requested.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and handle tools.
- Occasionally requires the ability to lift 40 pounds of material.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle repair facility.
- Frequently, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
LaFontaine Automotive Group is an award winning and nationally recognized automotive dealership of over 40 years with 51 retail franchises, 8 collision centers, 29 Michigan locations and 2,100 employees in southeast Michigan. We are proud to be named Michigan’s fastest growing automotive dealership group! LaFontaine Automotive Group is a place where our employees are truly family and where people come before the bottom line. It’s a welcoming place where you can build a career and will find the tools and support needed to take your career to new heights.
Our Mission: To Build Lifelong Relationships that Connect Families, Strengthen Communities, and Personalize the Automotive Experience.
Our Core Values: Accountability, Responsibility, Respect, Communication, Teamwork, Passion
LaFontaine Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer.
LaFontaine Cadillac Buick GMC
TravelView all jobs at LaFontaine Cadillac Buick GMC