Cost Accounting and Government Compliance Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Fulltime opportunity for a Cost Accounting and Government Compliance Analyst. This is hybrid remote - but still needs to be able to come onsite to the office in Cambridge, MA
The Cost Accountant & Government Compliance Analyst will support all areas of Finance-related government compliance and be required to interface with a variety of departments/areas including General Ledger, Internal Audit, Contracts, Procurement, Property, Billing, Financial Planning and Analysis, Programs, Engineering, Legal, etc.
The right candidate is a highly motivated, energetic, and government compliance-experienced individual who will provide significant impact in reviewing and updating policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Government regulations as well as business practices.
- Develop, implement, and maintain government accounting, estimating, and billing policies and procedures that comply with Federal regulations
- Independently research and interpret Federal regulations to make determinations of allowability and ensure compliance
- Provide Government accounting expertise in support of preparation and delivery of Government submissions
- Maintain CASB Disclosure Statement including:
- Monitor accounting practices for potential change
- Recommend required updates
- Update disclosure statement
- Serve as primary contact for other than forwarding pricing proposals and primary liaison for compliance-related interactions among billing, contracts, and/or program offices
- Provide meaningful interpretation of rate impacts on financial results
- Assist in contract closeout process by developing cumulative allowable cost worksheets (CACWS) Attend ongoing training and maintain/increase current knowledge on FAR, FAR Supplements, CAS, and DCAA accounting compliance
- Develop, coordinate, and/or conduct compliance-related training as needed
- Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental/company policies, practices, and procedures Support DCMA cost monitor requests Support financial initiatives/special projects Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Business, Law, or related discipline
- 4 or more years of finance/accounting experience with US Federal contracting
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above
- Work experience with or for the DCAA and/or DCMA (or other evidence of in-depth knowledge and understanding of FAR and CAS requirement) preferred.
- Knowledge of database structures for data extraction from PeopleSoft; advanced Excel skills needed
- Strong oral and written communication skills are necessary, as is the ability to cultivate critical inter- and intra-departmental working relationships, foster an environment of cooperation and trust, and effectively meet deadlines while providing a high level of customer service
- Familiarity with Uniform Guidance and OMB regulationspreferred
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and forward thinking in a fast-paced environment is also required.
LaBine and Associates
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Government Cost Accountant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.