La Quinta Inn & Suites By Wyndham Kansas City Airport in Kansas City, MO is looking for one front desk clerk to join our 33 person strong team. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, ambitious, and hard-working.
JOB TITLE: Guest Service Agent/Front Desk
REPORTS TO: General Manager / Front Office Manager
LOCATION: Front Office FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: Accommodates guests of the hotel by performing the following duties:
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests
- Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity
- Promptly and effectively deals with guest requests and complaints
- Answers and routes calls as appropriate; takes guest messages with accuracy
- Responsible for cash drawer contents and transactions during shift
- Maintains accurate records including cash flows, registration cards, reservation cards, and property walks
- Answers inquires pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and travel directions
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the FOM or General Manager
- Offers and properly handles requests for wake-up calls
- Records pertinent guest information in the pass on log and Shift Reporting Forms
- Assist in replenishing breakfast, coffee and market items as needed and keeps all visual areas clean
- Ensures common area/lobby is clean
- Performs laundry functions as directed if required by property management
- Be available as schedule dictates and ensure no excessive payroll times are recorded or clocked
- All other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner;
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance;
- Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures including but not limited to, dress code policies
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner. Understands guest service scores are a priority and ensures exceptional service at all times present at front desk
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Abides by all company required policies and procedure. Subject to change as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Less than high school diploma; or 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
JOB TITLE: Guest Service Agent/Front Desk
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer skills needed.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
As required by Brand
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions if approved through the company and by the brand.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, and ability to distinguish colors.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The employee must be able to stand for their full shift.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $9.50 to $11.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
- Front Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Night Audit (Preferred)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks -
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
We are looking forward to reading your application.
Available shifts and compensation: We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation is $9.00 - $11.00/hour.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive a text message with a link to your profile as well as a text message when an employer has responded to your application.