Fashion Design Intern-Summer 2023
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: New York, NY (Soho)
Remote: Fridays Only (if work permits)
At La Ligne (http://www.lalignenyc.com), we believe in the universal appeal of the stripe—always classic, forever chic. With a nod to its iconic roots, we created La Ligne to give women a few new (and unexpected) ways to wear it. La Ligne offers versatile clothing collections inspired by the line with endless styling options.
We’re inspired by all kinds of self-expression. We design everyday necessities and the occasional splurge—the kind of clothing we would want to wear. We prize functionality but we also want you to have fun while you’re at it. In other words, if you can’t eat, dance and drink in it, we won’t make it. And while some clothes stay and some go, we want to be the ones that stay awhile.
At La Ligne, we:
admire hard working people;
value honesty and positive energy;
love all forms of self-expression;
encourage a healthy work-life balance;
respect teamwork and collaboration
The Design Intern will work closely with all design teams (Wovens, Knitwear, and Cut & Sew) in the development process. They will also have the opportunity to work with the Head of Production if interested in gaining a more holistic view of the design process, helping from product research through bulk production. Specific responsibilities include:
- Collect market research as it pertains to silhouette, fabrics, details, and trims
- Create Illustrator CADs (flat sketches)
- Spec samples for Knitwear and Cut & Sew categories
- Source woven trims for domestic samples
- Arrange for sample fabric and trims to be delivered to domestic sewers and overseas factories
- Collect samples for fittings, photoshoots, and market appointments
- Shadow designers in fittings and add fit photos to tech packs following
- Help woven assistant designer with proto, SMS and domestic PPS cut tickets
- Sort and send domestic production trims, including hang tags, polybags, UPC stickers etc.
- Aid with seasonal care label / product details chart
- Attend and help with website photoshoots (steaming, organization on set, styling etc.)
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Working knowledge of Excel
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate program for design
- Familiarity with design computer software and social media platforms
- Good understanding of the latest design trends and techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have passion for marketing
- Must have exceptional attention to detail, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solutions oriented team player
Internship Duration: June 5th-July 31st (8 weeks)
Salary Range: $15/hr
Powered by JazzHR
AddressNew York, NY
Arts and Entertainment
Get fresh Intern Fashion jobs daily straight to your inbox!