La Jolla Logic (LJL) is an advanced technology and information system security solutions firm founded in 2011 in San Diego, CA. LJL's mission is to pioneer innovative, high-quality and best value specialty technology and engineering services to customers in the federal government and commercial marketplace. Awarded #2 Best Places to Work (2019, SDBJ) and Woman Owned Small Business of the Year (2019, SBA).
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our team in El Segundo. The ideal candidate is well-versed in a variety of coding and software languages. If you have personally written and developed a published Application with over 1,000 users who have tested the program, then this is the job for you!
- Initiates and Supervises a projects inception to conclusion for certain programs
- Provides amazing strategic advice and guidance to the program and to his/her colleagues.
- Develops the requirements to be utilized during any project
- Provides a detailed analysis and recommendation for improvements and optimal performance on projects
- Consults with management, staff, and clients, to help define a need or problem and helps to offer solutions and analyze any data to give top advice and recommendations.
- Demonstrates skills and experience with the design, development, modification, testing and deployment of software applications.
- Demonstrates ability to follow software specifications and current Software Engineering best practices for code modernization and integration with existing solutions.
- Proficiency with at least 2 of the following languages, additional ones are a plus: Python, Java, React, Redux, AWS, Linux+, C++, SQL, Pyramid, Django, Ruby, or equivalent.
- Understanding of Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Familiarity with relational database systems (RDBS), such as SQL is a plus.
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to apply rapid prototyping techniques.
- Technical experience with DoD Space & Missile Systems is a plus.
- Must be able to pass employment drug testing and a background check*
- A U.S. DoD clearance is a strong plus
- U.S. citizenship required
- Proficient in other basic technology tools such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Works effectively with teams and collaboratively with peers.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced growing environment
Think you’re ready to take on the Challenge?