The Recovery Technician functions as an active part of the treatment team, providing continuous supervision of, interaction with, and role modeling for the clients. The Recovery Technician is also expected to assist with the day to day functions of the facility. We are currently seeking to fill our weekend part-time shifts - day and evening. Shifts are from 8 am to 4 pm and 4 pm to 12 am.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides client supervision and conducts scheduled client rounds.
- Oversees and performs tasks related to general facility maintenance, such as bedroom checks, care of client belongings and general facility cleanliness. This is to include routine checks of bathrooms, living spaces and replenishment of supplies as needed.
- Maintains awareness of physical and safety factors on the premises, performing security rounds and reporting unsafe conditions to Administrative staff.
- Accompanies clients off the facility when necessary, including driving to 12 Step meetings, appointments, outings.
- Establishes and maintains therapeutic relationship with clients within the guidelines of the clinical programs.
- Provides crisis intervention when needed, and immediately reports outcomes directly to clinical team.
- Oversees self-administering of client medications per LFHTC policies and procedures and records dispensation in Medication Log.
- Collects UA samples from clients to be used for drug testing purposes.
- Performs and records vital signs and CIWA/COWS procedures as instructed by medical team.
- Assists with the nutritional portion of the program, helping to prepare daily meals. Maintains a high standard of quality in presentation for all meals and pantry food storage, which should be kept up to CARF standards.
- Assists in admission of new clients, to include orienting client to facility and program and searching client’s belongings.
- Assists client through the discharge process.
- Attends report at the beginning of the shift and completes daily duties check list with incoming staff present.
- Updates all direct care activity into daily Activity Logs.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Prefer experience working with the LGBTQ community
- CPR and First Aid Certification required
- TB Test required
- Knowledge and experience in taking vital signs and performing CIWA/COWS procedures
- CAADAC RRW
- Must have been sober at least one year.
- Must agree to abstain from drugs or alcohol during the time of employment
- Qualified applicants must be free of any non-drug related violent felony convictions
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Basic Microsoft Office knowledge required