High Needs Case Manager EMPACT
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Who we are:
EMPACT- Suicide Prevention Center, part of the La Frontera family, is an industry-leading non-profit organization dedicated to providing valued community services and resources for behavioral health counseling, crisis intervention, and suicide prevention since 1987. We are an EEO/AA Employer.
What you’ll do:
The High Needs Case Manager works with children and families that require a high level of service provision, contact, and coordination of treatment. This position provides direct service crisis intervention, support, transportation, and education to families and children, independently of, or in conjunction with, other in-home client services. Manages a caseload of 15 families in order to serve the family at a high level of intensity.
- Provide direct in-home, in-office, in-school, and community services. These services will include, but not be limited to, crisis intervention, transportation, maintaining established client stabilization, additional client supervision, parent training with instruction in child care and behavior management, and support needed to maintain a child in the home.
- Facilitate, schedule, and provide follow-up on family, youth, and adult team meetings (ACT or CFT). Complete written documentation of this meeting and provide a copy to all team members. Engage and invite natural supports as identified by family, youth, and adults. Make referrals to collaborating partners and other community services, as client needs indicate.
- Deliver at least 40 hours of work per week, with a goal of 30 hours of direct client contact, which includes case management as needed. Ensure meeting clinical documentation standards established monthly/annually. Complete all tasks agreed upon by the timelines given. Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the children and families, which may include evening or weekend hours when needed. Evening and weekend hours may be required to accommodate the schedules of families, youth, and adults. Attend meetings and training as requested.
- In collaboration with each child and family, support services to families, youth, and adults, that meet the following 12 Arizona Principles: (1) Collaboration with the family, youth, and adult; (2) Emphasis on achieving functional outcomes; (3) Collaboration with others, including participation in unified assessment, planning and service approaches when families, youth, and adults are involved with multiple systems; (4) Access for families, youth, and adults to a comprehensive array of sufficient behavioral health services to meet their needs; (5) Best practices; (6) Most appropriate setting; (7)
Timeliness; (8) Services tailored to the family, youth, and adult; (9) Stability in placements; (10) Respect for the family's, youth’s, and adult’s unique cultural heritage;(11) Independence, and; (12) Connection to natural supports.
- Ensure the continuity of care in the provision of comprehensive services to family, youth, and adults and assist additional team members, which include Clinical Coordinator and/or Director in coordinating
communication with other departments of the agency or with external stakeholders in accomplishing this function.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all related states, community mental health, and contracting organizations.
What you’ll provide:
- Bachelor's Degree in Behavioral Health related field preferred or meets BHT requirements.
- Behavioral health experience is required.
- Previous experience working with children is preferred.
- Knowledge of the CFT process and Arizona 12 Principles.
- Requires the ability to be flexible and problem-solve and to have the ability to use creativity in the approach to service delivery.
- Must have a Fingerprint clearance card or be eligible to obtain one.
- Must have a valid AZ driver's license with no major infractions in the past three years.
- Must have regular access to reliable transportation.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Diff per hour available.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of employment.
Additional Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm in crisis situations, work independently and cooperatively, recognize personal limitations, and relate positively and with empathy to all persons regardless of age, race, creed, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Maintain professional conduct consistent with ethical professional practice and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positive working relationships with internal and external team members, stakeholders, and community and business partners.
- If driving while on agency time or on agency business, a valid Arizona driver's license and appropriate liability insurance and approval for liability coverage with EMPACT - SPC’s liability insurance carrier are required. Out-of-state applicants must provide 3 years of driving record upon hire.
- Staff members who provide direct client services must be at least 21 years old. Staff members who provide support services (administrative or clinical) must be at least 18 years old. All employees will have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Attend meetings, training, and agency activities and events outside of regularly scheduled work hours upon request.
What you’ll receive:
- Generous PTO (15 days the first year)
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Medical plans (4 choices)
- Dental plans (2 choices)
- Vision plans (2 choices)
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Retirement Allowance
- Company-paid Life/AD&D and Long-term Disability
- Voluntary additional Life and Short-term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Elder Care Assistance
- Pet Insurance and much more!
EMPACT-SPC is licensed by the Arizona Department of Health Services and accredited by the American Association of Suicidology (AAS) and The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
EMPACT-SPC/La Frontera Arizona provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
All employees of EMPACT-SPC and La Frontera Arizona are employees "at will" as that term is understood in the State of Arizona. This means that employment may be terminated at any time without prior notice and for no stated reason.
EMPACT-SPC/La Frontera Arizona reserves the right to modify position descriptions as needed and without notice. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
La Frontera Center Inc.Tempe, AZ
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.