The Mental Health Therapist will provide psychotherapy for adults, adolescents, and children using individual, group, couple, and family modalities. LCH provides counseling and intervention services to help clients reach their full human potential. The Mental Health Therapist will collaborate with members of the health care team, the community service team, and the client/family to remove barriers to health and wellness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct intake, evaluate, and assign diagnoses according to DSMV.
- Provide individual, couples, and/or family therapy.
- Offer group therapy to children, adolescent, and/or adults.
- Identify, refer, and advocate for clients needing specialty service, and other services as needed.
- Provide crisis intervention; assess and coordinate protective services as needed.
- Complete all charting as needed and required by contracted funding sources including assessments, progress notes, and billing.
- Maintain knowledge of resources available in Southern Chester County.
- Participate as a member of LCH interdisciplinary care teams for clinical case review, care planning and progress reporting.
- Maintain regular attendance. Perform all duties in a timely manner. Attend staff team meetings as scheduled and/or directed by supervisor.
- Adhere to policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Collaborate with staff of all LCH programs to ensure efficient integration of services.
- Respect confidentiality at all times, in public, in team meetings, in consultation, in the community, and at home.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Job description subject to review and changes of business necessity.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required
- Master's degree in social work, or counseling field, with a minimum of two years clinical experience required.
- Current Pennsylvania Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counseling (LPC) preferred.
- 3-5 years clinical experience preferred.
- Experience with evidence- based treatment models.
- Experience with co-occurring disorders.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Community based experience preferred.
- Computer skills. Experience with Excel, Word, EMR preferred.
- Current Driver’s License (PA or DE).
LCH is a culturally competent, bilingual, bicultural agency. Qualified remembers of the community are encouraged to apply