Gender & Health Program Specialist
- Over a month ago
Job Title: Gender & Health Program Specialist
Department: Community Health Action
Supervisor: Gender & Health Program Manager
Location: This position will be primarily located in Washington, DC. But need to be able to move between locations as need it. This position will be working remote and on-site as need it.
Classification: Exempt/ Salaried
This position works within the Community Health Action Department to provide programmatic technical support and coordinate interventions to promote gender equality, prevent gender-based violence, and promote reproductive and sexual health and rights among Latina immigrant women in the Washington Metropolitan Area through the implementation of participatory health education methodologies, peer-based support groups, peer health promoters training, individual health education sessions, and system navigation services. The position also supports the program manager on data management, and programs’ expenditures.
Qualifications: Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health field, or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be obtained.
- Bilingual, Spanish-English; Bi-cultural.
- Comprehensive awareness and knowledge of social determinants of health and commitment to gender equity.
- Knowledge of Latino immigrant community in DC Metro Area and ability to work with all segments of the community.
- Three years’ experience working in a Latino and/or multi-ethnic community.
- Three years’ experience in community health education.
- Two years’ experience implementing community educational strategies, including the design of educational materials and curriculums, charlas, focus groups, and participatory evaluation.
- Experience working with community health workers.
- Experience in implementing of gender-based violence prevention and sexual and reproductive health and rights interventions.
- Experience implementing program data entry and data collection processes including data quality assurance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Share Point, Teams), data process software, and electronic medical records.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience with legal system navigation.
- Experience implementing expenditures according to budget, and reporting following financial guidelines.
- Experience in implementing participatory methods for community health education.
- Experience in developing health communication strategies.
- Experience coordinating logistical support for program activities.
- Ability to work with diverse populations and handle multiple tasks.
- High motivation for work in public health, gender equality, women’s rights/ health promotion fields.
- Strong ethical core.
- Problem-solving and teamwork skills, detail oriented, self-starter, team-work oriented, and highly organized.
- Effective verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills in both Spanish and English.
- Ability to provide support to administration of program supplies needed, paperwork, client incentives, and promotional materials required to run the program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement educational strategies and interventions to promote gender equality, prevent gender-based violence, and promote reproductive and sexual health and rights.
- Support Program Manager in producing educational materials/manuals, and programmatic guidelines/policies as needed.
- Coordinate the program’s navigation system to connect community members to existing community resources including in-house and local clinical services through:
- Conducting on-going assessment, monitoring, triage, and reassessment of client progress and needs.
- Developing individual plans to navigate clients to the identified services needed.
- Assigning staff and/or peer health promoters to conduct the navigation planned.
- Maintain client records and other data bases with client information assuring completeness, filing, neatness, confidentiality, and documentation.
- Building and maintaining a strong professional relationship with network of community service providers and La Clinica’s care teams.
- Coordinate the delivery of culturally appropriate Program’s health education interventions through selection of topics and agenda, development of educational tools for each session, and individual and/or group sessions facilitation.
- Implement weekly support group meetings and individual health education sessions.
- Support manager in developing health communication strategies according to La Clinica’s guidelines.
- Implement Program’s workplan for health promoters training through:
- Recruiting and enrolling prospects for community health workers training.
- Supporting the training design and planning process, including assisting the integration with Department’s annual trainings for health promoters.
- Support the implementation of the training sessions, including facilitation.
- Mentoring community health workers to improve quality of services delivered to program participants.
- Program Integration, Networking, and Collaboration:
- Provide support to coordination of work related to the Gender and Health with staff within and outside La Clínica.
- Support and attend Program and Department health education case discussion meetings.
- Support supervisor and Department Director on the integration of gender-based violence prevention with sexual and reproductive health education strategies.
- Assist in the design and implementation Department’s annual trainings for health promoters, as needed by Department Director.
- Represent La Clinica by attending conferences, meetings, coalitions, and community planning groups meetings, as designated by supervisor.
- Support supervisor in advocacy efforts coordinated with local and national coalitions.
- Data Monitoring:
- Support supervisor in the implementation of the program’s data collection and data entry plan using established data quality guidelines.
- Collect and report data from each activity following program guidelines.
- Assist in preparing programmatic reports, as required.
- Assist the implementation of any Program and/or Departmental internal research, as needed.
- Support data monitoring and quality assurance efforts.
- Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer assigned program’s expenditure budget including payments reporting, as planned by supervisor, ensuring expenditures according to approved budget.
- Support program manager in research efforts including implementation, coordination, data quality assurance.
- Attend program, department, and all staff meetings including all mandatory La Clinica activities.
- Meet with supervisor as required to coordinate implementation of programs and services.
- Follow La Clinica’s Code of Conduct, and all other personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to work on some evenings and weekends.
- Able to perform duties in different La Clinica’s locations as required.
- Medium physical effort needed particularly when setting up onsite and/or street-based outreach events and activities.
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Transportation Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- FSA and DCFSA
Equal Opportunity Employer. We affirm all identities at La Clínica and expect all employees to welcome and work with colleagues and clients, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, race/ ethnicity, country of origin, language, other ability, age, religion, or other identity.
La Clinica Del Pueblo Inc
BusinessView all jobs at La Clinica Del Pueblo Inc
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?