La Cheim School is a non-public school providing specialized academic services, and integrated therapeutic support to students who benefit from our small campus setting and high staff to student ratio. We are committed to creating a safe, warm, structured environment that supports students in their efforts to grow, change, and learn.
Since 1974, La Cheim has been changing the lives of children and we are looking for candidates that possess the qualities, skills, and dedication needed to help students achieve their academic goals. We need Educators that have a "do what it takes" attitude with a commitment to developing the highest educational potential of individuals with learning and behavioral challenges.
If you are qualified, caring and a dedicated professional, interested in spending your time working directly with students to make a difference, we will give you the opportunity to do what you love to do - TEACH!
La Cheim has full-time positions available at our Concord and El Sobrante School sites. You will work closely with a talented and dedicated staff team of classroom aides, therapists, counselors, and administrators that provides active and important support.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Direct instruction with students;
· Plan, prepare, and deliver differentiated curriculum based on content standards and grade-level expectations;
· Implement and maintain positive behavior support program using appropriate techniques that complement treatment for the students;
· Complete required documentation for IEPs and Progress Reports;
· Provide daily lesson plans;
· Participate in collateral meetings and development of students' individual transition plans;
· Participate in meetings and training as directed;
· Maintain a high standard of professional behavior at all times;
· Complete other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
· Special Education Credential (Mild/Moderate) or Intern eligible Education Specialist Instruction Credential (TC3S) program
· CBEST, RICA Certifications, and a valid Driver's License
· Compliance with required certifications
· FBI + DOJ, Live Scan and TB test clearance
· Strong Instructional Skills
· Highly Organized
· Excellent communication skills
· Competitive salaries, and strong benefits plans including medical, vision, and dental insurance. Currently for full time staff, La Cheim pays 100% benefits for employees, after 6 months of employment, La Cheim pays 100% toward our health benefits for spouse and dependents. (Kaiser Health Plan only)
· A qualified 403b Retirement Plan is available for employee contributions.
· Generous accrued vacation and sick leave package, in addition to school holidays and breaks.
· Opportunities for Professional Development.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: La Cheim School is committed to diversity in its programs and in creating a staff reflective of the populations of the San Francisco Bay Area. We encourage and actively recruit applicants representing diversity of color, age, sex, race, religion, national origin, physical ability, sexual orientation or political affiliation. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you are interested in the position and have the necessary skills and qualifications, please send your resume and cover letter.
Please Do Not Apply if you do not possess the required credentials, experience and skills (such as a Special Education Credential (Mild/Moderate) or Intern eligible Education Specialist Instruction Credential (TC3S) program).
Salary is dependent on experience.
If you would like to know more information about our agency, please visit our website at www.lacheim.org and apply online.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $58,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year