La Cheim Residential Treatment Center has an immediate need for full-time and part-time Group Home Counselors. If you are compassionate,creative, and like helping adolescents then this is the job for you. La Cheim has a six-bed group home in the East Bay Hills with severely emotionally disturbed adolescent males. We offer full-time and part-time flexible schedules with afternoon, evening, weekend shifts, and overnight shifts available. Our challenging, yet rewarding positions offer you the potential for personal growth and development while making an impact and helping the community. Excellent training will be provided.
Key Duties and Responsibility:
Duties include supervision of clients, planning and supervising recreational outings and therapeutic activities, teaching relationship skills and helping clients develop independent skills.
Direct care staff shall meet ONE of the following requirements prior to employment:
1. A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree; OR
2. A valid Child Development Teaching Permit; OR
3. Have completed 12 semester units of Early Childhood Education, Adolescent Development, OR
4. Foster and Kinship Care Education and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth; OR
5. Have a valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor or Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth; OR
6. Have a valid Vocational Training Certificate, credential or documentation demonstrating that the individual is a trade journey person who instructs children in vocational skills and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth as a mentor, athletic coach, teacher, tutor, or counselor; OR
7. Previously employed as a full-time staff or volunteer at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic program for at least one year.
· Experience with emotionally disturbed adolescents, preferably in a group home.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Ability to effectively and creatively relate to difficult adolescents, while also setting limits.
· Ability to actively interact with the youth.
· Ability to climb approximately 3 flights of stairs
· A valid driver's license and clean driving record
· Clearances of TB test, physical exam, FBI and DOJ, and other mandatory State/Federal requirements
· Proficient writing and communication skills
· College degree preferred.
$16.50-18.50 per hour depending on experience and education.Wonderful opportunity for training and preparation for graduate school.
$500 Bonus - ask for details
Excellent benefits for full-time employees.
Challenging and fulfilling position with great opportunity for personal growth and excellent experience for the graduate school student in the social services field.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time