Purpose of Position:
The purpose of this position is to support company growth by providing technical assistance for current lines of corn and wheat flour products. To manage QA systems and to contribute to improving of manufacturing processes. The position requires Food Manufacturing experience, a dynamic and professional individual to take the lead in the Quality Assurance and R&D efforts. Reporting to the President. A skilled individual to ensure the tortilla manufacturing continues to produce safe, wholesome and high quality products for La Canasta Mexican Food Products Inc.
Education / Experience:
- Degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Health, Chemistry, Microbiology or a related field.
- Must have 3 - 5 years experience in a quality control role with a food background, along with experience supervising QA technicians
- Knowledge and experience in FDA Food safety, quality and regulatory requirements governing food processing and handling.
- Good oral and written communication skills – Bilingual English/Spanish is helpful.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with all levels at the Plant and Management team.
- Computer skills and analytical problems solving ability is required.
· Directing and coordinating the administration of policies, programs and procedures for all quality assurance functions
· Manage all outside laboratory testing
· Plant auditing with specific emphasis on implementing a progression of GMP’s HACCP, AIB, SQF Level 1 & 2
· Monitor and maintain the Pest Control program
· Federal & State regulatory compliances ie. Lab Testing, Waste Water, Sanitation & Permit Requirements.
· Ability to recognize and communicate value-added opportunities for the Company to management.
· Responsible for product protection, finished goods quality, regulatory compliance, and consumer satisfaction.
· Visit customers to provide technical support.
· Follow up on customer’s complaints related to quality / formulation
· Communication with Operations Team to get to the root cause of customer concerns
· Approved and Authorize Customer credits
· Manage and monitor the plant sanitation efforts.
· Prepare and summarize documentation of vendor claims / credits related to inferior or unacceptable product quality.
· Coordinate material inspections and approved product specifications.
· Qualify vendors
· Oversee formula preparation.
· Maintain existing product specifications and develop new approved product specifications.
· Reformulate products as requested by Owners.
· Using Genesis Software, Prepare Nutritional Analysis / Ingredient Statements and product labeling.
· Organize and maintain all Q.A. & R & D data management.
· Maintain and report to controller - R & D Costing and related Time management budgets on a monthly basis.