- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position will plan, manage, direct, communicate and implement maintenance strategies and objectives to ensure that the plant and equipment are in good operational and safe working order. This position will have direct oversight responsibilities for all day-to-day activities of the maintenance department. Special attention should be paid to preventive maintenance. The Maintenance manager is responsible to report any food safety or quality issue to supervisor or upper management with the ability to initiate action.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- · Manage, Support and Schedule mechanics to cover 7 days per week, 24 hrs a day no overtime
- · Perform plant inspections, list items & projects scheduled to be done for safety of plant
- · Keep equipment and plant in good and safe working order
- · Reduce downtime and waste to the minimum of .03% for plant efficiencies
- · Keep parts inventory stocked and clean for use
- · Maintain records of parts installed and history of all equipment repairs and conditions
- · Document all expenses and prepare reports in manager’s monthly meeting
- · Training of mechanics on safety OSHA requirements as well as implement safety programs to meet legal requirements
- · Responsible to keep a safe and productive good looking plant
- · Obtain and compare competitive price quotes and recognize best to ensure quality parts at lowest price
Education and/or Experience:
- · High School diploma or equivalent
- · 5 years of experience in food manufacturing
- · PLC Experience
- · Bilingual Spanish/English-read and write
- · 8 years or more as plant maintenance leader
- · Creative to retain employees as well as scheduling and management of employees.
- · Effective experience in trouble shooting on industrial equipment i.e.: voltages 120v to 600vac and dc, plc Allen Bradley, and woods knowledge
- · Knowledge of county, state, federal regulations and OSHA requirements
- · Experience with AC/DC inverters, temperature controller programming, photocells, proximity sensors and switches as well as boiler troubleshooting and repairs.
- · Knowledge and understanding of manuals and schematics, welding mig and tig all materials
- · Hydraulics experience, cylinders valves and solenoids, air compressors, refrigeration air extraction, air movement in the plant, swamp coolers and general electrical controls are essential
- · Computer knowledge –maintain files of equipment parts and expenses
- · Must have organizational skills
Skills and abilities:
- · Be able to answer all calls 7 days a week 24 hours a day
- · Must have contacts with vendors for part supplies nationwide
- · Ability to cover a shift if needed, take over job for a mechanic
- · Skills to find a safe way to keep machinery running while waiting on parts
- · Team player, communicate with plant supervisors and managers with any issues
- · Plan and communicate any major repairs and possible cause of production downtime
Click (Apply now) for consideration.
La Canasta Mexican Food Products Inc.
We are a successful manufacturer and wholesaler company. We have been in business since 1962.
Real EstateView all jobs at La Canasta Mexican Food Products Inc.