The Hilton San Francisco Union Square is seeking an Executive Chef to lead our exceptional Culinary team! Our property boasts 1921 rooms, five trendy food and beverage outlets, 130,000 sq. ft. of banquet space, and unbeatable views of the city.
We are looking for a charismatic and engaging Executive Chef who will lead the team in delivering inspired restaurant cuisine and bespoke banquet menus.
What will I be doing?
As Executive Chef, you would be responsible for directing and administering the planning, preparation, production and control of all culinary operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Direct and oversee all culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, production of all hotel meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulations, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
- Create and implement new menus and individual menu items for outlets based on current food trends and regional tastes in partnership with Director of Food and Beverage
- Interact with guests and clients to monitor and assess satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Perform general management duties including, but not limited to, systems management, budget and forecasting, report generation, department management and meeting participation and facilitation
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Prior experience leading a culinary team in delivering big box banquet events
- Prior experience as a Restaurant Chef at a high volume, upscale operation
- Impeccable leadership skills, with a track record in engaging, inspiring, and developing teams
- Proven ability to conceptualize and clearly communicate his or her culinary vision, resulting in the team's successful delivery
- Demonstrated passion for continued learning and keeping abreast of culinary trends
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!