Our client has been serving the financial needs of its members for over 100 years. Headquartered in the financial district of Manhattan, we serve our members with branches spanning over the metropolitan area. Currently, our client is reinventing itself under new leadership with a mission of providing the best service and exceptional value to our clients. If you are interested in changing the status quo and making a difference in peoples’ lives, consider joining the new team! Our client offers a highly competitive total rewards package including retirement benefits, medical and dental plans, generous paid time off and much more. We are seeking to fill an immediate position for a Senior Accountant in the Accounting Department.
OVERVIEW: Review, maintain and reconcile various suspense and bank accounts. Prepare daily and month-end adjusting journal entries.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Reconcile the daily loan, share and sub-ledger accounts to the general ledger.
· Compute and validate monthly interest and dividend postings to member’s accounts.
· Prepare daily and monthly adjusting journal entries.
· Reconcile daily cash analysis to the general ledger.
· Reconcile all suspense accounts and resolve outstanding items.
· Record Visa, Mortgage, and ATM transactions to the general ledger.
· Prepare bank deposits and verify all deposits received from the branches.
· Maintain fixed assets, leasehold improvements, prepaid expenses sub-ledger and ensure proper amortization and depreciation expenses are being recorded in the general ledger.
· Prepare and setup daily outgoing wire transfers.
· Prepare various financial reports. Assist in the preparation of annual budget.
· Assist with year-end audit preparation.
· Train staff accountants.
· Other duties and special projects assigned by accounting management.
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Good communication skills both verbally and written.
· Advanced experience with MS Office Suite software (Excel, MSWord and Outlook)
· Knowledgeable with Fiserv Prologue Financial Accounting application a plus.
· Prior ACH reconciliation experience a plus.
If you are interested in this Senior Accountant position within the Accounting department, and are qualified, please apply!
Salary offered: $75,000 - $85,000 (depending upon experience).
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.