Our client has been serving the financial needs of its members for over 100 years. Headquartered in the financial district of Manhattan, we serve our members with branches spanning over the metropolitan area. Currently, our client is reinventing itself under new leadership with a mission of providing the best service and exceptional value to our clients. If you are interested in changing the status quo and making a difference in peoples’ lives, consider joining the new team! Our client offers a highly competitive total rewards package including retirement benefits, medical and dental plans, generous paid time off and much more. We are seeking to fill an immediate position for a Payroll, Compensation & Benefits Specialist in the Human Resources Department.
Payroll, Compensation & Benefits Specialist
OVERVIEW: Payroll, Compensation & Benefits Specialist is responsible for developing and supporting the administration of compensation, benefits and pension programs. This position will ensure alignment with the business objectives through strategic compensation & benefits initiatives, programs, policies, processes and systems.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Process bi-weekly payroll for a staff of 450 and growing using ADP Workforce Now.
· Support the development and execution of the company’s benefits strategy; partner with broker to develop programs that are cost effective.
· Manage employee benefit enrollments for new hires, open enrollment, family changes and status changes.
· Administer leaves of absences (FMLA, STD, LTD, Personal leaves, etc.)
· Coordinate the 401(k) and pension plans. Ensure compliance related to required communications, employee participation and testing.
· Manage individual pension participant requests as well as plan level data processing and analysis.
· Act as a subject matter expert for benefit calculations and other administration processes.
· Assist with the development, execution, and support of corporate compensation programs. (Incentive and bonus plans, benchmarking activities, salary survey management, annual merit process, and communications, etc.)
· Assist with annual variable compensation plan development, merit increase process, annual and ongoing salary monitoring.
· Administer and support for Workers Compensation programs.
· Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations including, but not limited to, ERISA, FLSA, FMLA, and PFL.
· Provides special HR-related projects as needed.
· Bachelor's Degree.
· Strong knowledge and experience with ADP Workforce Now.
· Strong knowledge and experience with compensation and benefits programs.
· Work experience with defined benefit pension plan.
· Strong knowledge of New York regulations required.
· Experience building, designing & implementing compensation & benefits solutions; proven ability to develop and implement action plans.
· Ability to work in a fast paced team environment with exceptional customer service skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills a must.
· Advanced experience with MS Office Suite software (Excel, PowerPoint, MSWord)
If you are interested in this Payroll, Compensation & Benefits position within the Human Resources department, and are qualified, please apply!
Salary offered: $75,000 - $85,000 (depending upon experience).
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.