- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our well established client in central Nassau county is looking to hire a benefits administrator on a direct hire basis. The benefits coordinator works closely with the HR team and employees at all levels of the organization to assist in a variety of functional areas with the HR department. Primary responsibility is the administration and reconciliation of the benefit plans as well as the management of all employee absences.
Responsibilities of a Benefits Administrator:
· Conduct benefits orientation, providing information regarding insurance coverages, retirement plans and other Firm benefits to ensure each employee has a good understanding of the benefit options available to them.
· Administer and maintain familiarity with policies and procedures of benefits plans.
· Audit monthly insurance billings to ensure accuracy and reconcile and process them for payment.
· Work with benefits broker and carriers to ensure enrollment and that benefits are provided properly under the policy, researching, and responding to employee questions and assisting to resolve concerns /issues.
· Serve as resources to employees for benefit inquiries and process changes to include online enrollment in HRIS and provider websites.
· Provide benefit reporting and ensure accurate recordkeeping and administration of benefit plans. Including all census reporting needed for both health insurance plans and the firm retirement plan.
· Offboarding of employee benefits outlining benefit continuation options (COBRA) and termination of applicable benefits plans.
· Participate with HR Management, broker, and carriers to manage the annual open enrollment process.
· Work to manage workers compensation claims and incident only events to ensure employee safety processes and training are in place.
· Safeguard and keep information, observations, or viewpoints regarding Firm and employee matters confidential.
· 401K administration involving tracking and confirming accurate auto-enrollment contributions, deferral changes, and loans are processed in payroll system. Provide employees with information both at the onboarding stage and ongoing as needed. Transition into working on the 401k audit process along with our retirement plan provider and the accounting firm. Coordination of annual education meetings.
Manager employee leaves of absences, communicating with the employee, insurance and other benefit providers, supervisors, and internal staff prior to and throughout the leave period.
· Provide employee with explanation of amount of leave time available, their rights and responsibilities in accordance with employment regulations of Firm policies.
· Review with employee how Firm and state sponsored benefits interact to provide continuation of insurance coverage, wage reimbursement and paid time off during the leave, and assist employee to receive applicable benefits.
· Coordinate with payroll, benefits carriers and state sponsored benefit programs to ensure usage and tracking of time off during leave, receipt of benefits and appropriate payment of wage reimbursement benefits.
· Current and strong knowledge of leave of absence regulations such as FMLA, PFL, and ADA while exercising the interactive process, employee benefit administration.
· Proficiency with ADP Workforce Now or other ADP HRIS platform is a plus. Intermediate experience working with MS Office software suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) is required.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to perform duties in a manner that minimized the likelihood of errors occurring and, through the method by which work is completed, errors that do occur are identified in the early stages.
· Strong attention to detail required to analyze and compile large amounts of data for benefit censuses and reporting.
· Experience with and skilled in prioritizing and organizing workflow, as well as willingness to take initiative to work collaboratively in meeting deadlines with a sense of urgency.
· Approachable, welcoming, and positive demeanor with the written and oral communication skills necessary to successfully maintain effective working relationships and coworkers and vendors.
· High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Organizational Development and/or Human Resources Management certification strongly preferred.
· 3-5 years of experience required performing the above duties in a mid-size organization.
If you are interested in this benefits administrator position located in central Nassau County, and are qualified, please apply!
Salary is based upon prior experience, target is $50,000 - $60,000 depending upon experience.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
LV Staffing Associates IncWhy Work Here?
Great opportunity to make a difference!
LV Staffing Associates, Inc. is a full service staffing agency providing outsourced full cycle recruiting, contingency placements as well as temporary services. We take pride in the placements that we make and appreciate the relationships that we build with both of our candidates and clients!
AddressCarle Place, NY
BusinessView all jobs at LV Staffing Associates Inc