To ensure our continued growth, we are hiring a Lead Engineer with that unique blend of skills in people management, engineering design, manufacturing engineering, quality control and resource planning.
To be successful in this role, you will balance developing robust processes for product design and quality control, with day to day engineering design challenges. Working as a manager and organizer coupled with an engineering design role.
You will lead the process of developing custom LED lighting components for customers and design new products balanced for customer needs, manufacturability, costs, and quality. You will also be responsible for reducing the time to production by driving the on-time delivery for custom product. This role works directly with customers and suppliers and interfaces with other Operations and Sales team members within the company.
To succeed in this role, you will leverage your engineering problem solving skills and understanding of the manufacturing process to provide an efficient and cost-effective product for the customer. Project management skills will allow you to successfully delegate tasks to other members of the LUXTECH team to complete projects on time (such as Procurement), ensuring collaboration across the departments. Your strong people skills will provide a positive customer experience as you quickly satisfy their product needs with simple and reliable designs.
Key duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Manage an engineering team working on products, R&D and quality control.
- Provide leadership to other engineers in the department.
- Responsible for interdepartmental and executive communication through planning and reporting.
- Deliver custom LED product designs that impress customers with their performance, and simplicity.
- Drive customer satisfaction with short design lead times and technical expertise.
- Drive on time delivery of new custom designs though project management and task execution.
- Act as a technical resource for our sales team as they bring on new customers.
- Lead the improvement of quality controls throughout the production process to maximize for product reliability and guarantee the delivery of conforming product.
- Maintain and improve engineering documentation systems.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in engineering management.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience as an engineer in a related engineering market
- Minimum education of a BS in an engineering discipline
- Experience with Project Management
- Understanding of electrical circuits, heat transfer, and stress
- Experience with design for manufacturability
- Experience with quality assurance a plus
- Experience in CAD software, or circuit layout software (SolidWorks and Altium preferred)
- Proficient with spreadsheet and presentation tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Focus on Continuous Improvement
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills and prioritization skills
- Driven, eager to learn
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience overcoming objections and can make things happen