Lead Software Test Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you enjoy breaking software more than building it? If you identify with the kid at the beach that has more fun running through other people's sandcastles instead of building them, you may fit right in to lead our quality assurance initiatives. We're looking for someone passionate about ensuring the highest level of product quality for our SaaS offerings.
On the tech side, we're a small but mighty team and looking to grow. We value domain driven design principles, strong DevOps culture, roadmaps over backlogs. Our tech stack consists of F# microservices deployed on GKE using EventStore DB and/or Postgres, and Vue for frontend.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead and define our quality strategy and champion quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- choose our tools used for automation,
- distribute automated tests across the tech stack (test pyramid),
- build out tools/frameworks/etc for others on the team to easily contribute to automated test suites
- work with our team to ensure quality gates as part of CI/CD pipelines,
- participate in feature planning/design to try to capture bugs before the code is even written,
- collaborate closely with all areas of product development, including UX and product management, as well as other areas of the company to define processes for bug reporting, triage, classification, etc,
What you'll bring to the team:
- Expert knowledge of software testing methodologies, i.e. black box, white box, load testing, security testing
- Prior experience with UI automation frameworks such as Selenium, Playwright, Cypress, etc
- Prior experience with load testing tools such as LoadRunner, K6, JMeter
- Prior experience with CI/CD tools & workflows, e.g. Github Actions, Concourse, Jenkins, TeamCity
- Strong programming skills in objected oriented and/or functional paradigms, e.g. C#/Java, F#/Scala/Kotlin, etc
- Strong technical skills across the tech stack including frontend, backend, databases, networking, infrastructure, etc
- Comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-volume environment; prior startup experience is a plus
At LULA, we're a people-first organization that does right by our customers and our employees. In order to build insurance infrastructure that works for all modern businesses, we want LULA to reflect the diversity we're working to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people.
TechnologyView all jobs at LULA