Strategic Planning Committee
- Expired: January 21, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) was established by the LTD Board of Directors in Resolution No. 2016-12-12-041, A Resolution re-chartering the EmX Steering Committee as the Strategic Planning Committee. The Strategic Planning Committee meets quarterly on the last Tuesday of the month at 5:30 p.m. This committee provides the LTD Board of Directors with independent advice on strategic planning issues related to advancing the goals of the Long-Range Transit Plan, including but not limited to, developing the Frequent Transit Network, making better connections, reducing trip and waiting times, bridging the first and last mile, creating safer ways to access service, and optimizing solutions for urban and rural areas.
The Committee is composed of 15 members who reside within the LTD service district area. All members of the Committee are voting members. The Committee composition includes six members appointed to the Committee by their respective governing bodies, as follows:
- Two members of the LTD Board of Directors; and
- One representative from each of LTD's key partners: the Eugene City Council, Springfield City Council, Lane County Board of Commissioners, and the Oregon Department of Transportation.
In addition to those members appointed to the Committee, an additional nine (9) members representing a diverse set of community stakeholders, make up the rest of the composition. The following represents the stakeholder diversity of non-appointed members:
- Business / Chambers / Industry / Large Employers
- LTD Customers / Frequent Transit Riders
- Diversity: Minority / Persons with Disabilities / Low-Income / Gender / Age
- Housing / Development / Affordable Housing
- Neighborhood/Neighborhood Leaders Council/LTD Service Districts
- Public Health
- Safe Routes to School
- Sustainability / Equity/ Environmental Justice
- Transit Advocate
- Transportation Options / Bike / Ped / Carpool / Vanpool
A member representing a targeted area of interest must be representative of the industry, or area of interest, and have applicable experience in the respective field.
LTD Lane Transit District
Get fresh Strategic Planning Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.