Under general direction, the personnel shall perform all records management duties and administrative support services.
The duties would include, but are not limited to performing tasks in functional areas such as correspondence processing, travel coordination, filing, data entry, records management, vehicle fleet management, and other related administrative tasks. The personnel shall also perform all records management duties related to the creation, maintenance, use, and disposition of records in a manner that ensures agency compliance, a sustainable and effective program, and an economical management of agency operations to include, but not limited to log and file (hard/electronic copies) with 100% accuracy. Determine disposition and/or archive records with 100% accuracy. On-site records requested by customer are retrieved within 24 hours.
- Create (or receive) records needed to do business and ensure that records are maintained so that they are accessible to others and easy to retrieve. This means that you must create records that adequately document your activities, index them accurately, and maintain them in a safe environment.
- Set up files, follow a standardized File Maintenance and Disposition Plan and archive records.
- Perform updates to the electronic index of records for new and changed files.
- Assist office staff in searching and retrieving requested records by providing prompt service using the electronic index of records.
- Perform a semi-annual folder level inventory of the central records library to ensure proper location of files. Assure the preservation of those records having sufficient continuing value to warrant their performance retention.
- Prepare appropriate records management documentation.
- Perform special records inventories.
- Perform document scanning, e.g., scanning incoming and outgoing documentation; examining the scanned image for clarity and required clean up, as necessary; route material to appropriate individual(s) and/or offices; transmit scanned documentation to parties and/or send message to appropriate parties that the document has been received and forward the original document and the image to the central records library.
- Maintain a desktop procedure/operating guide that will contain complete information on the central records library operations.
- Ensure that all correspondence identified as a record be prepared according to office procedures for transfer to the central records library.
- Effectively execute all duties while balancing the needs of the customer as well as programmatic requirements. Interact with and greet customers in a proactive, friendly, professional, and service based manner.
- Answer incoming phone calls and emails and aim for the highest level of customer satisfaction through “first call/contact resolution”. Use discretion to triage and/or escalate as needed.
- Use various software applications for word processing, data entry, composing, preparing correspondence and travel documents, briefings, reports and graphic presentations and a wide variety of other analytical, process flow, financial spreadsheet, narrative, tabular and statistical materials requiring complex formats and arrangement.
- Develop and maintain administrative data systems such as contact lists, shared calendars, and the dashboard.
- Perform writing, editorial and layout services, graphic design, high-resolution scanning, and all other steps necessary to provide digital "camera ready" output for brochures or other publications.
- Receive visitors, screen calls and refer inquiries to the appropriate person.
- Establish, audit, and maintain data entry for all activities in the office files and databases, including electronic data files consistent with standard file storage/structure methodologies and office policies and procedures.
- Office Facilities/Conference Room management: Provide assistance in preparing briefing material for meetings/conferences, setting up telephone conferences
- Incoming/out-going mail, copying, faxing, and binding.
- Substantial experience (minimum of 2 – 4 years) providing a broad range of customer focused administrative services and records management duties within a centralized and/or shared services delivery organization.
- Must have a valid Class C Driver’s license.
- Must have the physical capacity to lift and carry boxes at least a minimum 50 pounds.
- Must have a working knowledge of and proficiency in the following software applications: MS WORD, POWERPOINT, OUTLOOK, EXCEL, MS Access/Database Applications, Microsoft Visio, Project, and Adobe Acrobat Exchange.
- Ability to work core business hours.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and interact with customers in an outgoing, proactive, friendly, cordial, professional, and respectful manner at all times. Proven ability to interact patiently and diplomatically with people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds, or for whom English is not their first language.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Proven ability to document, modify, and maintain detailed and accurate procedures for tasks.
- Excellent customer service skills with focus on high customer satisfaction through first call resolution, response and escalation protocols, professionalism, service quality and integrity.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to produce high quality work (documents, reports, correspondence) that is concise, logical and grammatically correct. Experience performing quality check on the work of self and others.
- Demonstrated experience in working as an active team member; experience interacting with employees and managers as well as external parties, serving as primary contact point regarding major customer service functions.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with the ability to comprehend and analyze complex administrative requirements and identify creative or original alternatives to routine practices.
- Demonstrated experience in performing duties within a highly detail-oriented position, with ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects in a proactive manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal with others in a positive, customer focused manner.
- Active government security clearance is a plus.
- National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) certified is highly desirable.
Powered by JazzHR