Provide office and administrative support services which includes: typing/processing of correspondence, documents, and reports; proofreading; general administrative services; maintaining tracking systems and calendars; providing graphics support; travel services; records management; and operating office equipment.
Support mailroom operations such as processing of mail and interoffice correspondence, as well as management of office supplies and storage. Support can include other administrative services.
The Executive Assistant shall have access to classified material and work in a restricted area and is therefore required to hold an active “Q” clearance. All contractor employees are subject to random drug testing.
1. Coordinates administrative support with the Manager’s administrative assistant to provide coverage during periods of the administrative assistant’s absence.
2. Answers incoming telephone calls. Directs incoming calls to the appropriate personnel or takes messages, as appropriate.
3. Performs word processing, scanning, and faxing services that involve processing correspondence on computers or other automated equipment.
4. Proofreads all prepared documentation that includes correcting all spelling, grammatical, punctuation, and formatting errors.
5. Provides document duplicating services as required.
6. Serves as the records custodian for the area supported. Work with the Records Manager to ensure proper archiving, inventory, disposition, and destruction of records. Shreds and recycles documents as required.
7. Schedules conference rooms, appointments, and meetings as required including processing visitor access requirements as applicable.
8. Calls in maintenance on office equipment that has existing service contracts.
9. Prepares, receives, and stores documents in accordance with the organization’s orders and manuals.
10. Maintains or provides input to correspondence logs and various data bases that detail receipt or dispatch dates, suspense dates, identifying document characteristics, project management correspondence, training, file location, etc.
11. Prepares presentation material, databases, and reports requiring expert skills in MS PowerPoint, WORD, Excel, Visio, and other current version of software used to include bar, pie, text, or flow charts, calendars, etc.
12. Maintains a calendar of planned conferences, meetings (e.g., telephone, videoconferencing), program reviews, etc., to ensure availability of facilities and equipment.
13. Provides general administrative assistance as needed.
14. Coordinates travel planning and documentation required through the current travel management systems.
15. Provides administrative support of the Management and Operating Contract documents as requested.
1. Provides document services. This includes receiving, recording, reviewing, destroying, and transmitting marked documents. Ensure that documents have the appropriate markings, need to know, and general compliance with current directives and policies.
2. Obtains and maintains certification of access to the Safeguards and Security Information Management System (SSIMS) to assist with responsibilities as needed.
3. Manages the Mail Distribution Center, Correspondence box. Receives and reviews all incoming external and internal correspondence and materials to determine appropriate routing. Prepare outgoing correspondence to include the maintenance of records of certified, registered, and express mail. Ensures packages and mail complies with existing U.S. Postal regulations.
4. Maintains office supplies and storage. Serves as the point of contact for maintaining stocks or adjusting inventories as required.
5. Serves as the Federal Express (FEDEX) point of contact. Maintains FEDEX database, prepares items for shipment, and ensures compliance with FEDEX policies related to express delivery of documents. Prepare documentation for payment submission.
6. Collects and provides disposition of sensitive documents for destruction in accordance with Security Guidance.
7. Opens, date stamps, and distributes incoming mail to appropriate mailroom distribution whether internal or external.
8. Maintains documents in safe until they are picked up by the addressee or proper organization.
Performs office administrative support on an interim basis in support of special projects.
Training may be required; however, the training would only be in direct support of the organization’s mission, such as policy training, site specific computer program training, etc.
Travel may be required, primarily between office locations or other locations (i.e., training locations).