Under the direction of the Studio Creative Manager, the Photo Stylist uses strong conceptualization and design skills to create effective shot composition, set development, product styling, and propping to highlight product features and benefits to achieve strategic advertising and merchandising objectives. The ability and flexibility to work on a variety of product categories including garden, softlines, table top décor, furniture, and fashion with various teams as needed to achieve business objectives is essential.
- To be considered a candidate, you must submit portfolio (via link and/or attachment along with the resume).
- Sharp aesthetic, with an eye for composition, color and set design.
- Excellent knowledge of product and prop styling.
- Up to date in the latest styling, home décor and fashion trends.
- Expert experience in a photo styling role for apparel, home décor, and textiles.
- Familiar with commercial lighting, equipment and general studio behavior.
- Associates Degree or Equivalent Experience.
- 3+ years' related experience in Commercial Photography Styling.
- Able to climb ladders, lift 30+ lbs with help, use of hand tools.
- Studio/warehouse environment dust, plants/food, flashing lights.
- Occasional outdoor/location shoots.
- Temperature fluctuations.
- Working with models, kids and pets.
- Overtime as necessitated by business needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborates and brainstorms with team members.
- Follows creative concepts and standards that promote advertising, merchandising and sales strategic objectives.
- Successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Plans and coordinates daily prep and shooting schedules for products.
- Implements brand objectives and creates the desired look with a critical and creative eye.
- Selects backgrounds and props for shots that complement product and are appropriate in terms of scale, style and function.
- Works within budget and is responsible for cohesion of stylistic elements, prop shopping, organization of the props/prop room, and updating of elements in relation to trends.
- Tears down sets, puts props away and maintains an organized studio space.
- Keeps current on styling, fashion and home décor trends.
- Mentor Jr. Stylists by coaching and assisting in skill development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.