LTC Solutions, LLC is a small company with a huge commitment to supporting our employees and providing quality services to our government customers. Our employees have an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for excellence, and a proactive approach to providing the best possible solutions to our customers. If you are committed to building excellent customer relationships, providing consistent superior-quality work, and taking initiative to understand your customers’ needs, we would like to meet you!
LTC offers a dynamic team setting and generous benefits (including Health/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability Insurance, 401K, and PTO).
LTC is currently seeking a highly organized Director of Business Development to identify and develop opportunities for business expansion and develop business relationships in the government marketplace.
Job Title: Director of Business Development
Job Description: The Director of Business Development develops key business relationships in the government marketplace, with a primary responsibility of identifying and developing opportunities for business expansion. Seeking a strategic and critical thinker with a proven record of success in expanding company objectives and exceeding business goals. The Director of Business Development supports the development of customer or market penetration strategies and individual opportunity win strategies, account plans, technology development plans, and partnering strategies; acts as liaison with government agencies and offices; ensures the business development strategy is implemented; and maintains extensive knowledge of current developments in the government marketplace in order to assess the position of the company, determine how to improve it, and make recommendations for changes or modifications to the strategy. The Director of Business Development leads teams in order to develop and deliver various professional services solutions (including whitepapers, demonstrations, proposals, and other internally developed products used to identify, qualify, and capture new business); fosters and maintains customer relationships; and regularly interfaces with customers to shape and win new business.
Required Qualifications: The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or a related specialty, and a minimum of 5 years experience as a Business Development Manager for a federal contractor
- Experience capturing and managing multiple contract vehicle types (i.e., Seaport-e, IDIQ, GSA, etc.) that include FFP, T&M, CPFF, and CPAF type orders
- Experience working opportunities between $5M and $100M in value
- Strong organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to function independently on a daily basis and work under deadline pressure, and willingness to work evenings and weekends during proposal crunch times
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Desired Qualifications: Additional desirable qualifications include the following:
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET Clearance
- Experience developing capture plans, compliance matrices, proposal templates, and proposal schedules
- Experience developing and managing multiple proposals
- Shipley training is preferred
Specific Duties: The successful candidate must have demonstrated strengths in multiple facets of business development. Specifically, the Director of Business Development will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Build positive customer relationships by actively interfacing with customers to understand their requirements, desires, and concerns and to ensure understanding of their needs and decision-making processes
- Employ customer knowledge, market information, competitive intelligence, and business skills to develop customer value propositions
- Develop and maintain extensive relationships within the company, LTC customers, and industry partners to understand, identify, qualify, and capture new opportunities
- Provide senior leadership with market briefs, strategic account plans, pursue-no-pursue briefings/presentations, and bid-no-bid briefings/presentations
- Analyze Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotes (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Sources Sought Notices (SSNs), and other client solicitations to determine appropriate action
- Assess technical writing requirements; develop strategies and cost estimates (as required) to provide compelling and relevant responses
- Evaluate technical sections (text, layout, graphics, etc.) for storytelling quality, consistency, coherence, clarity, and compliance with technical requirements and for alignment with solutions and themes
- Conduct and/or support conferences, industry days, customer visits, and trade-show activities
- Mentor LTC staff to enhance their skillsets in regard to business development and proposal writing
Working Environment and Physical Requirements: This position largely operates in a professional office environment. Persons applying for this position must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time.
LTC Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Work Here?LTC Solutions, LLC is a small company with a huge commitment to providing quality services to our employees and government clients. Our employees have an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for excellence, and a proactive approach to providing the best possible solutions to our customers. If you are committed to building excellent Customer Relationships, providing consistently superior Quality of Work, and taking Initiative to understand your customers’ needs, we would like to meet you.
Employee oriented company with competitive benefits and a work/life balance.