Security Support Specialist
LSINC Corporation is a dynamic, innovative firm that is rapidly growing. We are looking for innovative, creative, and highly motivated individuals to join our team. We offer tremendous opportunities for growth and advancement. Currently we are seeking a Security Support Specialist to provide a spectrum of administrative security activities in support of NASA Ames Research Center (ARC) located in Mountain View, CA. The Qualified candidate must have a current Top-Secret Clearance/SCI-Sensitive Compartmented Information.
The Security Support Specialist assists with the development and implementation of a multi-disciplined security program for complex, major acquisition Security Access Program (SAP) efforts. The position requires a basic knowledge of the personnel, industrial, physical, IT/IA and information security disciplines.
Duties may include:
- Ensures compliance with all applicable security manuals, guides, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for physical security, information security, and personnel security
- Drafts, reviews, edits Security Plan(s) for customer approval/signature
- Ensure participants at USG facility comply with designated security procedures
- Coordinates Transportation Security Plans actions in order to comply with program, local site, and end-user security requirements
- Coordinates and assists with temporary secure facility accreditation
- Conduct program and special activity security indoctrination briefings and recurring security training
- Ensures physical security is maintained
- Responds to all facility alarms during working and non-working hours
- Prepare and track Personnel Access Requests (PARs) for government facility personnel
- Determines eligibility on individuals submitted for program access.
- Files approved PARs in individual personnel security records
- Coordinates incoming visit requests with local program security staff and local USG manager(s)
- Destroys classified material in accordance with instructions and facility guidelines at the end of specified activities
- Maintain and control all electronic media as required by operational security plans, Federal government security manuals, and guides
- Team Security Support (when not supporting specific agency operational events)
- Processes records for storage, including reviewing, extracting and destroying, labeling and filing
- Conducts annual inventories of accountable materials, documents, and media
- Enters and extracts data from database for incoming and outgoing documents and media
- Maintains and controls all electronic media as required by SOP, all security manuals, and guides
- Conducts and documents destruction of classified material in accordance with instructions and facility guidelines. Prepare and file certificates of destruction
- Must have a current TS/SCI clearance
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Special Access Program (SAP) security environment; conversant in SAP processes and procedures. Upon approval, may substitute minimum 1 year NASA SAP experience.
- Thorough knowledge of DoD 5205.07 Volumes 1-4, JAFAN Manuals and NISPOM
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required and Security Information Management System (SIMS) software desired
- Must be able to work independently and reliably with limited supervision
- Completion of the Security Professional Education Development (SPeD) Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC) course provided by the Defense Security Service (DSS), Center for the Development of Security Excellence (CDSE).
- Successful completion of CDSE courses deemed acceptable to the government. Courses should cover a spectrum of security disciplines including: General Security, Personnel Security, Physical Security, and Special Access Programs.
- Must be able to life and carry minimum of 50 lbs. Be able to climb stairs, ladders (exterior and interior spaces). Be able to enter crawl spaces (both above ceiling and below raised floors) to conduct physical inspection of designated security areas and building spaces.
LSINC is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with LSINC Corporation through our online applicant system please email careers@LSINC.com for assistance. Minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
LSINC CorporationMountain View, CA
Real EstateView All LSINC Corporation Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.