Senior Design Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Build your Career with an Industry Leader
LSI’s heritage spans more than 40 years, beginning in 1976 when the company was founded. The company employs about 1,400 people at 11 manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada and we continue to grow. Headquartered in Greater Cincinnati Ohio, LSI is a publicly held company traded on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange under the symbol LYTS. We manufacture commercial lighting solutions, advanced graphic and image solutions, digital and retail display solutions.
We are looking for Senior Design Engineer to support our team at our corporate location in Cincinnati, Ohio.
LSI is seeking Sr. Design Engineer with Indoor & outdoor lighting fixture experience to play a critical, leading role in the development of commercial lighting products that will directly impact the growth and performance of our company. In this role, the Sr. Design Engineer will drive the concept, mechanical design and development of next generation LED lighting products.
The Sr. Design Engineer will have strong and effective communications skills to coordinate with cross-functional teams to meet aggressive performance, cost and schedule goals. These communication skills will be critical when interacting with management and outside resources for tooling, prototyping, and testing of new fixtures and concepts.
The Sr. Design Engineer will be participating in a fast-paced lighting fixture development cycle to solve unique lighting industry challenges to achieve accelerated implementation of new product designs, while also conforming to all regulatory requirements. This position will have project leadership responsibilities and as necessary interface with other personnel in engineering, product management, sourcing, suppliers, operations and others when additional support is needed.
This position will report to the Engineering Manager and will routinely interact with Product Management and the Sr. Project Manager to identify product needs and compliance to project deliverables. Experience with product development in a LEAN process driven environment is a must. The Sr. Design Engineer must have an analytical process-driven approach to design with a high attention to detail. The ability to manage projects effectively, demonstrate self-directed leadership, and a willingness to interact as a team is required.
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated solid understanding of design for various manufacturing processes including sheet metal fabrication, injection molding, extrusion, and die-casting. A working knowledge of LED lighting systems, a passion for design, and an eye for aesthetics and quality are a must for the successful candidate
- Product design, part detailing, prototype procurement for luminaires from preliminary concept through implementation into manufacturing for LED products. The Sr. Design Engineer will be expected to work on both new product concepts as well as refinements to existing product lines.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that final product design meets all photometric, aesthetic, optical, UL, electrical, mechanical, cost and safety requirements.
- Design simulations (optical, thermal) to provide early proof of concept for designs
- Prototypes of parts and assemblies to show form, fit and function
- Design risk assessments, mitigation plans, development lessons learned
- 2D prints and BOM, with assembly process documentation
- Lead design reviews on product development with an emphasis on safety, quality, budget and schedule
- Conduct Design FMEA’s
- Conduct validation testing to demonstrate design conformance
- Keep up-to-date on state-of-the art technologies
- Technical support for production issues debug and resolution
- 4-yr degree required, BS in Mechanical Engineering or Product Design.
- 7+ years’ experience in mechanical systems design
- 3+ years’ experience in LED lighting fixture design
- Proficiency with CAD (Inventor, Pro/E, Solidworks, etc)
- Experience with optical simulation using Photopia and AGi32 (Desired)
- Working knowledge of circuits, power supplies and LED’s
- Experience with UL certification process and applicable safety standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
LSI is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. LSI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
LSI Industries, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at LSI Industries, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?