First Shop Maintenance Worker
LSG Sky Chefs - Dallas VA Sterling, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
LSG Sky Chefs with over 75 years of Catering the LSG Group is the world's leading provider of end-to-end onboard airline products and services. These include catering, onboard retail and entertainment, onboard equipment and logistics, consulting, and lounge services.
Responsible for the prompt repair and maintenance of facility production equipment, fixtures and other machinery. May assist with light vehicle maintenance. Duties also involve upgrading, installation, and preventive maintenance of all equipment. Works closely with CSC Maintenance/Facility Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors equipment, fixtures and assists with light vehicle maintenance during daily operation to determine where maintenance is needed.
- Performs trouble-shooting to determine cause of equipment problems and breakdowns.
- Promptly service equipment and conducts major repairs and replacements, as required, in consultation with Maintenance Manager.
- Orders parts and equipment and maintains preventive maintenance log.
- Interacts with outside vendors as required to ensure proper repair and installation services.
- Assist and guides Shop Maintenance Person with minor repair and replacement projects.
- Reads, updates, and maintains preventive maintenance logs as required and instructed by Maintenance Manager.
- Complete related paperwork and report as required.
- Effectively communicate with Maintenance Manager, Operations and Shop Maintenance Person.
- Follow safety procedures. Keeps work area clear and free of clutter.
Job Qualifications (including but not limited to):
- 3-5 years mechanical experience with building repair. Knowledge of vehicle, truck and fleet a plus.
- Knowledge of equipment and understanding of schematics to trouble-shoot problems.
- Excellent troubleshooting aptitude.
- Certification in electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, welding, and automotive operations a plus but not required
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in using a full set of mechanical tools and test equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and customer service skills .
- Read, Write and Speak English .
- Possess a valid Drivers License Able to apply safety standards.
- Obtain a SIDA badge trough LSG
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
COVID-19 considerations: To keep our employees safe we require: screening upon entry of ALL employees and visitors, daily temperature check, masks, social distancing, and hand washing, as precaution against COVID-19.
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
LSG Sky Chefs - Dallas VA
Real EstateView all jobs at LSG Sky Chefs - Dallas VA