- Expired: January 16, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
LS Technologies is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to assume vital role in overall management of company. A highly skilled professional who has previous experience in Costpoint is required. Experience required in Government Contracts and cost accounting in all types of contracts (T&M, FFP, CP, etc.). The Staff Accountant will support full-cycle accounting and finance duties which may include Project Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Accounts Receivable, Contract Billings, Revenue Recognition, Fixed Assets, General Ledger accounting, month-end close, account reconciliations, and financial reporting.
This individual will work closely as part of LST's Accounting and Finance teams on responsibilities which may include, but not limited to:
- Prepare project and workforce setups in accounting system
- Process and input contract modifications
- Manage project correspondence received through the accounting mailbox
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations/analysis and journal entries
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation
- Assist with month end close cycle and year-end closing
- Review revenue recognition and prepare related analysis
- Prepare Accounts Payable vouchers
- Support the invoicing process
- Develop audit schedules and coordinate with independent auditors and regulatory agencies (DCAA), oversee preparation of required items.
- Support cash management processes and forecasting
- Assist with management of corporate taxes and related schedules
- Manage corporate credit card administration and reconciliation
- Review expense reports and expense reimbursement to ensure proper charging
- Monitor and manage the documentation of accounting policies and procedures and suggest improvement to current workflow Maintain company accounting systems
Education and Experience
- 7+ years of progressive accounting/financial experience with a government contractor
- Additional experience with a public accounting or management consulting firm is desirable.
- Solid understanding of government contract accounting, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) Auditing standards
- Experience working with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) as a customer is a plus
- Highly proficient with Deltek Costpoint is required
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel and Access
- Experience with Cognos is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Possesses strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a team member or as an individual contributor
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Must have strong customer service orientation; be able to maintain a professional demeanor, and work under pressure to handle critical issues in timely manner
LS Technologies, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
LS Technologies, LLC
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at LS Technologies, LLC
Get fresh Payroll Staff Accountant jobs daily straight to your inbox!