This position provides 24x7x365 onsite and phone support for the National Airspace (NAS) Aeronautical Information Management Enterprise System (NAIMES). NAIMES provides customers and stakeholders with one-stop access to critical Aeronautical Information (AI) products and services to ensure the safety, regularity, and efficiency of air operations. The NAIMES Helpdesk Technician aids personnel with technical inquiries through fielded calls, emails, and verbal requests.
- Serve as first level support for customers seeking technical assistance; respond to incoming calls, emails, and verbal requests regarding service-related inquiries for network and software applications issues.
- Assist end-users with troubleshooting system/application issues, coordinate with upper-level support for issues which require additional escalation.
- Provide first level support on troubleshooting and connectivity issues that can be corrected via phone support, in-person, or remote access.
- Initiate trouble tickets for customer inquiries and assign priority level based on documented sources.
- Support the implementation of software (sw) and hardware (hw) upgrades.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and electronically.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Research questions using available information resources, advise user on appropriate action or redirect problems to appropriate resource, log all interactions, and follow both local and global FAA help desk procedures.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Track and route problems/requests and document resolutions.
- Provide 24/7/365 account maintenance (new user accounts, disabling old accounts, password resets, and account unlock requests) for all NAIMES supported applications.
- Bachelors Degree & 3+ relevant years of experience in a help desk environment. 2 years of additional experience can be substituted in leu of degree
- To meet the clearance requirements for this opportunity, candidates must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- Ability to pass a US Public Trust background investigation for access to the client site and computing systems.
- Must be willing and able to work a rotating shift schedule to include nights and weekends.
- Ability to stay current with system information, changes, and updates.
- Obtain a working knowledge of FAA IT security policies to recognize potential or real breaches.
- Ability to recognize security and privacy incidents and respond appropriately following the directions of incident response procedures.
- Experience supporting Active Directory
- Experience working with a Helpdesk Ticketing System (JIRA & RLMS experience a plus)
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Knowledge of Windows/Linux operating systems with a technical background in a help desk environment, possessing strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience includes information systems development and other work in the client, server, application, or related fields.
- Excellent customer service skills, dedicated, responsible, positive, and professional demeanor.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and critical thinking skills when determining the nature of an issue, how to resolve it, and when to ask for assistance.
- Security + or GIAC Security Essentials Certification (preferred)
- Network + or A + Certification (preferred)
- Experience with Windows 7 and Windows 10 security configuration, Active Directory
- Familiarity with Patch Management Tools (WSUS, Ivanti, BigFix, etc.,), McAfee Security Tools (Endpoint Security, Endpoint Encryption, ePolicy Orchestrator) and general knowledge of Private Key Infrastructure including Non-Person Entity and end user certificates.
- Familiarity with Hyper-V is highly desirable.
LS Technologies, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
LS Technologies, LLCWarrenton, VA
TechnologyView All LS Technologies, LLC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.