Aviation Safety Engineer
- Posted: 15 days ago
LST is seeking an Aviation Safety Engineer to support the FAA's Common Support Services Flight Data (CSS-FD) program.
- Determine and apply appropriate standards to safety assessments of aviation systems, architectures, and algorithms as it applies to the CSS-FD service.
- Generalize and extend aviation-based practices to other transportation domains.
- Audit third-party System Safety Assessments (SSA) to include Fault Tree Analyses (FTA), Functional Hazard Assessments (FHA), and Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (FMEA).
- Audit third-party software, and hardware plans/procedures.
- Review system requirements for accuracy, backward compatibility, and consistency throughout the life cycle of the system.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the sponsor throughout all aspects of the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines as part of Integrated Product Teams on system design concepts, challenges, and proposed solutions to define both program and technical direction.
- Bachelor's degree in related field(s) like engineering, mathematics, or physical sciences.
- 10+ years' experience in executing systems engineering lifecycle to include safety assessment, as well as architecture, requirements, and algorithm development.
- US Citizen capable of obtaining and maintaining a US clearance
- Knowledge of aviation safety in one or more of the following: UAS, UAM, navigation systems, communication systems, avionics.
- Software and programmable electronic hardware development experience.
- Experience in auditing third party System Safety Assessments (SSA) to include Fault Tree Analyses (FTA), Functional Hazard Assessments (FHA), and Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (FMEA), software, and hardware plans/procedures.
- Experience in auditing third-party software, and hardware plans/procedures.
- Experience applying safety regulations and policy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present highly technical material to a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated teamwork and experience in performing analytical tasks.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Advanced degree in applicable engineering major
- Hold the FAA Designated Engineering Representative qualification for Safety, Software and/or Hardware.
- Practical experience using MIL STD 882, SAE ARP 4754, SAE ARP 4761, RTCA/DO-178, RTCA/DO-278, RTCA/DO-254, ISO/IEC/IEEE 12207, ISO 26262.
- Must be able to attend in-person ad hoc meetings as required averaging 3-4 times per month
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
LS Technologies, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to have a vaccination attestation. Any vaccination requirements will follow local, state, and federal law. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over LST's vaccination policy.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
LS Technologies, LLC
BusinessView all jobs at LS Technologies, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?