LPL Financial is a diversified wealth management and tax accounting services firm located in Temperance, MI. We are hiring a full-time Tax & Accounting Manager to provide tax preparation and filings for individuals, personal trusts and small businesses. You will be managing client relationships from beginning to end. You will be leading the P&L for the tax division, providing instruction to shared support staff, and managing future accounting personnel as needed. During non-peak season, you will be providing tax advice, planning, and calculations; payroll and bookkeeping services; as well as working on overall business planning and strategy execution with the owner.
We are a privately held firm that offers a great work environment along with work/life balance and a flexible schedule during most of the year, with exception of the busy tax season. We are a small organization with high-drive employees who live and breathe teamwork and customer service.
LPL Financial is acquiring a small tax practice for 2020 (275 tax returns) and this is a new division to our organization. We plan to acquire another tax and accounting practice in mid-2021 (600 tax returns along with payroll and bookkeeping services). We are looking for an entrepreneurial-minded individual who is excited to bring their senior-level tax accounting experience along with the passion to build and expand our new tax services division.
We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience. We are looking for a business-minded accountant who will help drive the new division forward. The role has future potential for partnership or partnership-style compensation for the right individual.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- 10+ years of tax preparation and public accounting including complex returns
- Proficiency in preparing Individual, Personal Trust, Small Business, also simple 990 and 5500 filing
- Accounting, Bookkeeping, Payroll experience, including setup
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Enrolled Agent (EA) certification highly preferred
- Ability to self-manage and lead others
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with ProSeries or similar tax software
- Ability to use technology for electronic correspondence, document storage and video meetings
- Willingness to promote tax services and cross-sell other financial planning services
Your focuses include:
- Work with clients and prepare tax returns for individuals, personal trusts, and small businesses
- Develop tax planning calculation and scenario analysis to existing clients throughout the year
- Stay up to date on state and federal tax laws
- Establish rapport with clients to build working relationships and increase retention
- Understand the diversified service offerings of our organization including our financial planning and wealth management and recommend services to clients
- Assist with overall business strategy for the tax division
- Establish and monitor operating budget for the division
- Manage project timelines and client expectations of timing on completionClear and positive communication with customers and team members