Purchasing/Buyer Coordinator #7155 <04208>
LPC Personnel, Inc. Houston, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for a Purchasing/Buyer Coordinator to join our purchasing department. You will collaborate closely with the sales team and the Sales Forecasting and Planning Manager to procure materials, managing the process from start to finish. Being highly organized, having the ability to multi-task and having excellent communication skills are ideal in succeeding in this fast-paced position. Come join our innovative company today!
- Work with the domestic and international vendors assigned to you to obtain product and service information, such as price, availability, specifications and delivery schedule
- Place purchase orders as specified by the Sales Forecasting and Planning Manager and sales team
- File purchase orders placed, investigate pricing or receipt discrepancies and monitor delivery dates to ensure on-time delivery
- Update ERP system with requirements, specifications and delivery information
- Update vendors with specifications as required
- Consistently communicate quotes, status updates and additional information with the sales team
- Provide quality review and approval of production samples
- Quote and process domestic freight shipments
- Collect and review import documentation to verify the accuracy of the value, country of origin and other information
- Prepare import document presentation for freight forwarder and generate inventory costing paperwork
- Accurately enter inventory transactions into accounting system
- Update operations, sales and inventory spreadsheets
- Identify problems and develop solutions as needed
- Communicate effectively and professionally with team members and vendors
- Previous general business and/or purchasing experience, preferably in a similar role
- Proficiency with general Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must, including communication with external sources and vendors
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Organized and detail-oriented mindset is a must
- Ability to prioritize, focus and manage time effectively
- Highly motivated to assist in any way to help our company succeed
LPC Personnel, Inc.Why Work Here?
We are a Diversity winning organization that welcomes all new team members!
We are a Diverse leader in our industry, with a national reach, and we look for our team members to be leaders in their field.