We take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of what we do, and we feel fortunate to be part of a family that is unified in this commitment. We get the chance to learn every day, the opportunity to grow, and the ability to help others. It is about ENRICHING LIVES!
We are seeking full-time caregivers/CNA for the evening (3 pm-11 pm) shifts.
This is a Full-Time Position (32 hours). Join our dynamic team of individuals and help us care for our memory-impaired residents in a very unique way.
- We are very excited to post an opening for Caregivers' position for the Dodge Park Rest Home facility and for the Oasis At Dodge Park.
- Previous experience with dementia and Alzheimer's residents a big plus.
- No certificate or license required. We will train the right individual.
- Our community management team members are committed to providing care that recognizes each resident’s emotional, physical and spiritual needs beyond the traditional nursing policies and procedures.
- The caregivers report directly to the floor manager and Staff Nurse.
- Provides care to residents as established in management’s policies and procedures, current standards of care and practice and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Responsible for handling tasks that may involve exposure to visible blood contamination or reasonably anticipated blood contamination in compliance with the OSHA’s Blood borne Pathogen Standard and DPRH’s Management’s Exposure Control Plan for Blood borne Pathogens.
- CNA license is not required but preferred.
- Optional - Have completed an approved training program and passed competency examinations in clinical skills and written knowledge in accordance with statutory requirements for Certified Nurse Assistant.
- High school student or graduate.
- Understands and agrees with DPRH’s Management’s philosophy and goal to maintain, improve and/or enhance each resident’s quality of care and quality of life.
- Provides, completes and documents, if applicable, resident care as assigned in a timely and accurate manner at the Care tracker system. Examples of resident care include but are not limited to:
- Changing bedding, mattresses and/or moving furniture in resident rooms-*Lifting, rotating and assisting residents who are partially or totally incapacitated-*Providing personal care in eating, dressing, hair and body care, communication, toileting, bathing, oral care, etc.-* Operating equipment such as wheelchairs, lifting devices, mechanized beds and other related medical devices- Other duties as assigned in the resident’s overall plan of care.
- Identifies safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action immediately as identified in DPRH’s Management’s policies and procedures, current standards of care and practice and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Attends and participates in facility in-service training programs. Completes any assignments and CEU (online via Relias Learning) or evaluations in a timely and factual fashion.
- Practices good infection control techniques in all aspects of resident care, including, but not limited to hand washing, linen handling, Foley catheters, soiled resident clothing, etc.
- Reports any signs or symptoms of infections or poor infection control practice by others to the Staff Nurse as identified.
- Reports changes in the resident’s condition immediately to the Staff Nurse.
- Responds to requests from residents for assistance in a respectful and timely fashion. Answers call lights promptly.
- Observes residents’ rights including, but not limited to, privacy, dignity, etc., when rendering care to residents as required by DPRH’s Management’s policies and procedures, current standards of care and practice and applicable state/federal regulations.
- Uses facility or resident equipment and supplies in an appropriate manner. Reports concerns or requests assistance as indicated.
- Communicates suggestions or concerns from residents, other staff, visitors or others to the RP, floor manager, and Staff Nurse in a timely, factual and accurate manner.
- Practices good body mechanics during lifting and other physical exertions to prevent injuries to self or to others. Observes all safety precautions as required in DPRH’s Management’s policies and procedures.
- Assists residents in social functions or to meals in a timely manner as assigned by the Staff Nurse or as indicated in the overall plan of care.
- Participates in the orientation of new or temporary staff to the unit to assure continuity in the delivery of resident care.
- Seeks assistance from the Staff Nurse when confronted with a resident problem that requires special attention.
- Provides restorative care to residents as assigned by the Staff Nurse or as indicated in the overall plan of care to include, but not be limited to, range of motion, ambulation, positioning, toileting, and others.
- Promotes and encourages social interactions from residents during meals, during direct care and at other times as appropriate.
- Supports maintains and assists with projects related to the Activity Programs of the facility.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned by the Staff Nurse.
Great benefits package including paid breaks, free meals, paid holidays, sick, vacation and personal. 401K with company match.
Qualified Caregivers and CNA’s please forward your resume to Eric Clay for review at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Eric at 773-494-9365 for more information.
LPC Healthcare Recruiting Solutions Inc
Why Work Here?We are a healthcare recruiting firm that partners with professional medical facilities to assist in filling positions that prove to be a challenge due to the specialty, education, location, urgency or experience requirements. We thrive on a challenge and we work with some of the largest & most well known healthcare companies filling a possible gap. We also work with smaller privately owned facilities that may not have the manpower or funds to support a recruiting department. Our goal is to insure that you are seeing not just the applicants that happen across your job postings but those hard-working professionals that are too busy to search for an opportunity