PT Program Specialist - SW Regional Re-Entry Center
- Posted: 18 days ago
Southwest Regional Re-Entry Center is seeking a PT Program Specialist to provide offenders with the tools and knowledge to prepare for reentry into the community. The Program Specialist provides individual and group counseling in self-esteem, problem solving, relationships and other related issues and assists the offender to secure direct communication with substance abuse, educational, employment and/or other free world community social resources that can assist in successful reintegration into society.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides general classroom guidance in the areas of career planning, social adjustment, personal management, and general life/skills knowledge.
- Communicates with inmates regarding the reality of their pre-release activities and plans, defining terminology and identifying community resources.
- Conducts a periodic review of curriculum and resources available to enhance offenders participation in pre-release/life skills programs and activities.
- May maintain class rosters, attendance records and provides certificates for pre-release life skills program.
- May report offenders for failing to attend assigned classes as an offense.
- Assesses inmates needs and makes referrals to appropriate staff.
- May participate in formulation and development of release plan.
- Aids offenders in planning and developing an individual post-release plan and encourages them to assume the responsibility for post-release behaviors and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Detail Oriented
- Organizational skills
- Time management
This job is located at a correctional facility; however, this job operates primarily in a professional office setting and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Baccalaureate degree followed by three years of professional level experience in social services, corrections, psychology, counseling, vocational rehabilitation counseling or instruction, nursing, teaching at the secondary level or above, or in the treatment/rehabilitation of offenders/inmates.
Job Type: Part-time
Monday - Thursday (6:30pm - 8:30pm shift)
LOUISIANA WORKFORCE, LLC
GovernmentView all jobs at LOUISIANA WORKFORCE, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?