Certified Athletic Trainer
- Posted: over a month ago
LMR Technical Group (LMR) is seeking Certified Athletic Trainers to support the US Marine Corps (USMC) Sports Medicine and Injury Prevention program. Physical training is a large component of how the USMC readies its personnel for its mission. Utilization of evidence-based training methods as well as best practice injury recover techniques enable the USMC to establish effective physical training regimes, mitigate injuries, and assess/treat injuries when they occur. This established program goal is to reduce injuries and lost workdays associated with musculoskeletal injuries. Human performance includes integrated, performance-based strength and conditioning programs that will accelerate the return to duty of those encumbered by performance related injuries.
Certified Athletic Trainer Qualifications:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Athletic Training or similar degree
- Possess at least 5 years of demonstrated experience and must possess experience of at least 12months within the preceding 36 months as a Certified Athletic Trainer with collegiate athletes, professional/Olympic athletes, or military personnel.
- Possess demonstrated strength and conditioning experience.
- Possess and maintain National Athletic Trainer Association Board of Certification.
- Possess and maintain the ability to assist with Strength and Conditioning testing and protocols.
- Possess and maintain the ability to lift and manipulate loads or weights up to 20 kilograms/45 lbs.
- Possess and maintain a level of fitness sufficient to participate in various Marine Corps physical training activities (obstacle courses, calisthenics, etc.) and the ability to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments to observe Marine training evolutions. The level of participation will be sufficient enough to gain a clear appreciation in order to identify possible casual injury factors in Marine training.
- Possess knowledge of the application of the following equipment: Biodex Isokinetic elevation and stimulation, ski machines, stair machines, treadmill exercised, gravitron, free weights, and universal machines, Biomechanical Ankle Platform System (BAPS) board, aquatic therapeutic devices and instruction in therapeutic, corrective and rehabilitative exercises using specific equipment and strength training devices.
- US Citizenship
- Maintain a current certification in American Red Cross or American Heart Association BLS.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by this position.*
Note: Resumes and/or Cover letters must include all relevant certification dates and numbers.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
LMR is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business that supports technology development and provides comprehensive joint warfighter training by leveraging the skills, experience, and knowledge of its personnel. Our team consists of personnel with diverse backgrounds.
LMR is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
LMR will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying and require special assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact our Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Poster
E-Verify Participation Poster
Right to Work Poster
LMR Technical Group
AddressLas Flores, CA
Sports and Recreation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?