LMI Landscapes Inc. is a fast growing and highly respected landscape and irrigation contractor. Our mission is “A Commitment to Excellence – excellent people, excellent clients and excellent results.” Our Corporate Values reflect honesty, quality, professionalism and teamwork.
Currently we are seeking a Landscape Estimator for our location in the Dallas, TX area. This person will be a crucial team member with responsibility for bringing in new work by providing winning estimates for construction project proposals. This individual is responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings and gathering all necessary information to successfully bid on and win new projects. Candidate must have strong work ethic and have common sense. We will provide opportunity to learn, training, and ability to grow. There are no sales or design work involved in the position.
• 2 years of related construction experience, preferably in a commercial landscaping environment
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
• Must have the ability to read landscape construction and irrigation plan blueprints
• Solicit and maintain communication with vendors, production department and purchasing agent
• Contact supply houses to obtain additional supplier quotes and estimates
• Perform quantity takeoffs via blueprints as required.
• Enter data into Excel spreadsheets and OnScreen Plans – identifying all labor and material costs involved in a given project.
• Submit 100% of bids and budgets by the bid deadline without exception
• Review RFPs and ask follow-up questions to ensure a detailed understanding of the scope of work
• Develop relevant RFI’s to ensure knowledge of project requirements and to minimize exclusions
• Perform a comprehensive “bid day” analysis and scoping of specific assigned trades
• Properly turn over bid documents and subcontractor buyout information to Project Management in a timely manner
• Review drawings with Project Management team and highlight areas of concern
• Participate in Project management team review to ensure comprehensive supplier, scope and materials review
• OST experience
• Field experience (construction / landscape)
• Horticulture knowledge
• Timberline experience
LMI Landscapes Inc. offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits which include:
• Health, Vision and Dental insurance
• Company phone
• Paid Holidays
• Vacation and personal days
So, if you are committed to excellence, then consider joining the LMI Landscapes team today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer----M/F/D/V