At LMC, it’s all about the team. LMC is a very special place to work, largely because of the special people who work here. Our company culture is infused with spirit, enthusiasm, passion, and vitality. From high-rise buildings to garden-style communities to restoring historic locations, LMC Construction is proud of its adaptive approach, its dedication to sustainability, and its commitment to building great neighborhoods for people to call home. Above all else, we are committed to quality, communication, and integrity. Sure, we map out blueprints and communities, but we also map out careers. Hope you are looking for opportunities at one of America's leading apartment developers and the 2017 Best Place to Work in Multifamily, because here they come.
Summary of Position Requirements:
Responsible for all aspects of estimating LMC’s communities, including pre-construction, negotiated bids, budgets, general conditions, general requirements, systems studies and comparisons, value engineering, subcontractor and general contractor relations and staying abreast of industry developments applicable to estimating.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee that complete and accurate material take-offs are performed for all items of work.
- Create all scope sheets for potential bidders and create scopes of work for bid tabulation sheets.
- Handle general contractor and subcontractor solicitations and qualify quotes.
- Prepare milestone budgets during preconstruction process.
- Develop conceptual estimates and manage estimate schedules and resources.
- Maintain cost histories and pricing data.
- Manage GMP process for self-perform projects.
- Produce design evolution and value engineering logs.
- Mentor and develop estimators.
- Coordinate estimating process with Chief Estimator and Estimator and provide feedback on project pricing issues.
- Collaborate with construction and development managers.
- Develop qualifications and assumptions for estimates and present comparisons of current estimates versus previous.
- Follow company and departmental procedures and policies.
- Maintain the construction documents, such as, trade associate files and plan rack.
- Resolve problematic situations and communicate desired objectives to subcontractors, managers, consultants, Associates, customers and other business-related professionals.
- Offer technical expertise during the design and construction process.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor’s in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics or related field is required.
- Progressive years of experience in estimating or construction industry is required, a minimum of 2 years in multifamily is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must be able to perform math calculations including some advanced math.
- Knowledgeable in On Screen Takeoff, Plan Swift, or equivalent system.
- Must have thorough knowledge in analyzing construction documents including plans and specifications and have the ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of estimating software, preferably Sage Estimating Software.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Estimator to have the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items up to 20 pounds. Must be able to read large quantities of information. Must maintain professional appearance. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages. Standing is required for filing, scanning, and copying. This is a position also requires walking, standing and climbing of stairs in/around construction sites.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
· Interact will with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.