Diesel Mechanic - Technician (For Semi Trucks)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Hablamos español!
LKS Group Inc offers exciting opportunities for transportation professionals. We strongly believe the cycle of success starts with treating employees well. We are seeking a Full-Time Diesel Mechanic to join our Allentown, PA Terminal. If you have a can-do spirit, and a safety-first attitude, LKS Group Inc invites you to join our team.
This is an opportunity to help build a fleet mechanic shop from the beginning, with you as the head of mechanics.
With general direction from the Operations Supervisor, provides a wide range of technical services on company semi-trucks, trailers, and automobiles. This is a journeyman position that requires significant technical training and /or experience. Also works under the direction of the Terminal Manager.
- Volvo 2010+
- Freightliner 2010+
- Mack 2010+
- Peterbilt 2010+
- Kenworth 2010+
- Performs thorough, accurate Preventative Maintenance inspections.
- Following schedules complete all required PM maintenance operations including lubrication, fluid changes, brake adjustments, and tire rotation.
- With direction from the Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, performs unscheduled maintenance as needed.
- Performs complex operations including engine, electrical, fuel, brake, and exhaust repairs and field tests. This requires interpreting and working from drawings, specifications and other technical materials.
- Must be able to utilize a ladder and other elevation equipment to access the roof of buses and elevated light fixtures for repairs and maintenance.
- Must operate CDL and Non-CDL vehicles, to perform road tests, as well as shuttle in an out of the garage for repairs and maintenance.
- May, on occasion, be required to drive.
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment (up to 100lbs) including brake drums, tires, ladders, tool chests, floor jacks, etc. when necessary.
- Must be able to operate bench grinder, torch, drill press, Jack and Jack stands, Sawzall, oil pumps, power washer, parts cleaner and other hand tools required to perform work.
- Performs emergency roadside services as needed. Requires operation of either replacement vehicle or utility truck.
- Emergency conditions may require calls at home, extended hours, or weekend work.
- Document repairs and parts on work orders completely and accurately.
- Maintains tools and work places so that conditions are neat and orderly.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with all safety provisions associated with vehicle maintenance. Understands OSHA standards and provisions.
- Understands and conforms to State EPA regulations regarding disposal of toxic waste substances.
- High School Diploma or equivalent supplemented by specialized vehicle and equipment repair courses.
- At least two (5) years’ experience as a mechanic in an automotive, trucking or heavy equipment environment, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possession of a valid CDL Class A is preferred.
- Provide own hand tools required for regular maintenance.
- 5 Years of diesel engine & transmissions repair
- Knowledge of tools, procedures, technical skills, and safety rules used in the maintenance and repair of gasoline, diesel, and alternative powered equipment.
- Written and verbal communication skills and customer service skills are essential. Ability to deal with problems and find solutions.
- Must have knowledge of Federal and State regulations.
- Operational knowledge of motorized gasoline, diesel, and alternative-fueled vehicles, and shop equipment and tools.
- Scheduling and setting priorities for work to be accomplished.
- Inspection of equipment and diagnosis of mechanical defects.
- ASE Certification(s) a plus
A benefits package including paid time off is included to care for and improve our employees. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
LKS Group inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants; Returning military are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. All applicants must be eligible to work in the US without restrictions.
LKS Group IncWhy Work Here?
Awesome team, Great benefits.
Our mission statement says it all: to build the most effective transportation network in North America. We are continually looking for new opportunities to use our people, procedures, and technologies to advance freight transportation.
1050 Blue BarnAllentown, PA
AutomotiveView all jobs at LKS Group Inc