Job Summary: Operates a Company vehicle to deliver product to customers. Manually loads and unloads delivery truck, verifies parts loaded and unloaded, collects payments from customers, obtains signatures from receiving locations confirming accuracy of parts unloaded/loaded and delivers returned items back to the branch.
Essential Job Duties:
• Drives a Company vehicle in a safe, courteous and responsible manner avoiding traffic violations and accidents.
• Physically loads Company truck at the branch and verifies the condition of the truck, the manifest and other paperwork associated with the deliveries to be made.
• Drives to the delivery destination and physically unloads the truck, verifies parts unloaded, obtains signature of receiving location confirming the accuracy of parts shown on the order and those received and signs off on the integrity of what was loaded at the location.
• Makes proper notations on the manifest and provides receipts on parts being returned from customers to the branch.
• Picks up buy out purchase orders from vendors on vendor "fill in" purchase orders and delivers parts back to the branch or customer.
• Collects accounts receivable, as necessary.
• Works in such a manner as to prevent shortages and damage to products.
• Complies with established Company policies and procedures.
• Assumes other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications / Education & Experience:
• High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
• Some college coursework is desired.
• Minimum of six months driving and warehouse operations experience.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Must qualify for Corporate insurance programs, including vehicle insurance.
• Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) testing and physical requirements and be knowledgeable of DOT regulations.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Possess comprehensive knowledge of replacement parts for the aftermarket collision repair industry.
• Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with the Company’s warehouse and delivery methods, techniques and procedures.
• Possess the ability to perform basic math calculations, interpret road maps, effectively communicate on an interpersonal verbal basis and proficiently use telephones.
• Must be able to work in cooperation with others.
• Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment:
• This position requires sitting, standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, climbing and ascending/descending stairs.
• Requires sitting for relatively long periods of time, while driving.
• It also requires frequent bending, climbing, movement and lifting of up to 75 pounds during physical loading/unloading of trucks and when stocking products.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
• Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights.
• Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels and occasional in climate driving conditions.