Job Summary: Operates a Company vehicle to deliver product to customers. Manually loads and unloads delivery truck, verifies parts loaded and unloaded, collects payments from customers, obtains signatures from receiving locations confirming accuracy of parts unloaded/loaded and delivers returned items back to the branch.
Essential Job Duties:
- • Drives a Company vehicle in a safe, courteous and responsible manner avoiding traffic violations and accidents.
- This position is located in Bellingham, WA.
- • Physically loads Company truck at the branch and verifies the condition of the truck, the manifest and other paperwork associated with the deliveries to be made.
- • Drives to the delivery destination and physically unloads the truck, verifies parts unloaded, obtains signature of receiving location confirming the accuracy of parts shown on the order and those received and signs off on the integrity of what was loaded at the location.
- • Makes proper notations on the manifest and provides receipts on parts being returned from customers to the branch.
- • Picks up buy out purchase orders from vendors on vendor "fill in" purchase orders and delivers parts back to the branch or customer.
- • Collects accounts receivable, as necessary.
- • Works in such a manner as to prevent shortages and damage to products.
- • Complies with established Company policies and procedures.
- • Assumes other duties as assigned.
Drivers over 10,001lbs:
- • Subject to DOT Procedures – driver logs, unexpired medical card, etc.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical.
Education & Experience:
- • High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- • Some college coursework is desired.
- • Minimum of six months driving and warehouse operations experience.
- • Possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- • Must qualify for Corporate insurance programs, including vehicle insurance.
- • Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) testing and physical requirements and be knowledgeable of DOT regulations.
- • Must have DOT Medical Card.
- • Must be at least 21 years of age.
- • Possess comprehensive knowledge of replacement parts for the aftermarket collision repair industry.
- • Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with the Company’s warehouse and delivery methods, techniques and procedures.
- • Possess the ability to perform basic math calculations, interpret road maps, effectively communicate on an interpersonal verbal basis and proficiently use telephones.
- • Must be able to work in cooperation with others.
- • Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments.