Class B CDL Delivery DriverinDenver, COatLKQ Corporation
ApplyNot ready to Apply?
- Employee Type:
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
As a part of our continued growth, LKQ is seeking a Class A CDL Driver to join our team! You will be responsible for operating a company vehicle to deliver product to customers, verifying parts loaded and unloaded, collect payments from customers, obtain signatures from receiving locations confirming accuracy of parts unloaded/loaded and deliver returned items back to the branch. To excel in this position, you must be able to multitask, communicate well with others, and be very organized in tasks. The ideal candidate needs to be very goal orientated and willing to work at a very fast pace while maintaining the quality and accuracy set forth in the job expectations. If you like growth and working with happy, enthusiastic individuals, you'll enjoy a career with us!
Essential Job Duties:
- Drives a Company vehicle in a safe, courteous and responsible manner avoiding traffic violations and accidents.
- Subject to DOT Procedures -- driver logs, unexpired medical card, DOT drug and alcohol testing, etc.
- May be required to physically unload/load the company truck.
- Verifies the condition of the truck, the unloaded parts, the manifest and other paperwork associated with the deliveries to be made.
- Drives to the delivery destination, obtains signature of receiving location confirming the accuracy of parts shown on the order and those received and signs off on the integrity of what was loaded at the location.
- Makes proper notations on the manifest and provides receipts on parts being returned from customers to the branch.
- Picks up buy out purchase orders from vendors on vendor "fill in" purchase orders and delivers parts back to the branch or customer.
- Collects accounts receivable, as necessary.
- Works in such a manner as to prevent shortages and damage to products.
- Complies with established Company policies
LKQ Corporation (www.lkqcorp.com), an S&P and Fortune 500 (# 262) company, is a leading provider of alternative and specialty parts to repair and accessorize automobiles and other vehicles. LKQ has operations in North America, Europe and Taiwan. LKQ offers its customers a broad range of replacement systems, components, equipment and parts to repair and accessorize automobiles, trucks, and recreational and performance vehicles. Globally, LKQ has more than 1,700 operating locations and 52,000 employees. Come join our entrepreneurial, growth oriented culture, and be LKQ Proud!
- High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Some college coursework is desired.
- Minimum of six months driving and warehouse operations experience.
- Possess a valid driver's license and safe driving record.
- Must obtain the Commercial Drivers License (CDL). (This document is required to drive trucks or other types of vehicles carrying hazardous materials or oversize loads with a weight over 26,001 pounds.)
- Must qualify for Corporate insurance programs, including vehicle insurance.
- Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) testing and physical requirements and be knowledgeable of DOT regulations.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of replacement parts for the aftermarket collision repair industry.
- Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with the Company's warehouse and delivery methods, techniques and procedures.
- Possess the ability to perform basic math calculations, interpret road maps, effectively communicate on an interpersonal verbal basis and proficiently use telephones.
- Must be able to work in cooperation with others.
- Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- This position requires sitting, standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, climbing and ascending/descending stairs.
- Requires sitting for relatively long periods of time, while driving.
- It also requires frequent bending, climbing, movement, and may require lifting of up to 100 pounds during physical loading/unloading of trucks and when stocking products.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well as an office environment.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
- Should not have any lifting restrictions and must not be afraid of heights.
- Should be able to tolerate high and low temperature levels and occasional in climate driving conditions.
- Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including weekends.