CDL Driver needed 7pm to 3am (Nightly run to Tulsa and back)inSpringfield, MOatLKQ Corporation
ApplyNot ready to Apply?
+ Employee Type:
2727 North Oakgrove Avenue
+ Job Type:
+ Date Posted:
Job Summary:Drives and safely operates a truck with a gross vehicle weight capacity greater than 10,001 lbs to deliver company transfers and customer orders, manually loads/unloads truck, verifies parts unloaded, obtains signatures from receiving location confirming accuracy of parts unloaded, and travels to and/or from the warehouse/cross dock location. *(Gross vehicle weight refers to either (a) the actual weight of the vehicle, inclusive of cargo, or (b) the gross vehicle weight rating, which is assigned by the manufacturer)
Essential Job Duties:
1. Drives truck to transfer product between locations, wholesaler and drop box locations in outlying markets. Transportation of product is usually made over long distances via interstate, crossing state lines. Driver may operate within state lines but product continues to travel outside state lines once delivered to the location.
2. Picks up truck at the warehouse/cross dock and may load truck according to safety standards and to ensure product integrity. Verifies the condition of the truck, the manifest and other paperwork associated with the delivery.
3. Drives to the destination and physically unloads the truck, verifies parts unloaded, obtains signature of receiving location confirming the accuracy of parts shown on the order and those received, and signs off on the integrity of what was loaded at the location.
4. Makes proper notations on the manifest, or provides credit memos on parts being returned to the locations, wholesalers and drop boxes.
5. Picks up stock purchase orders or buy out purchase orders from vendors on vendor "fill in" purchase orders and bring parts back to the location.
6. Maintains all DOT driver logs of hours and related records.
7. Goes through check in process when returning to the location to verify parts and paperwork.
8. May turn in all paperwork to the Accounting Department after check in.
9. Complies with established company policies and procedures.
10. Initiate and support the continual improvement of Keystone Automotive Industries' quality improvement system.
11. Assumes other duties as assigned.
LKQ Corporation (www.lkqcorp.com), an S&P and Fortune 500 (# 262) company, is a leading provider of alternative and specialty parts to repair and accessorize automobiles and other vehicles. LKQ has operations in North America, Europe and Taiwan. LKQ offers its customers a broad range of replacement systems, components, equipment and parts to repair and accessorize automobiles, trucks, and recreational and performance vehicles. Globally, LKQ has more than 1,700 operating locations and 52,000 employees. Come join our entrepreneurial, growth oriented culture, and be LKQ Proud!
Basic Qualifications(Minimum Required Experience, Education, Knowledge/Skills/Abilities, Essential Physical Demands):
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: One year of commercial driving and warehouse related experience, supplemented by on-the-job training, to learn duties, nature of work performed, procedures and work methods. Accredited commercial driving school certificate can be substituted for experience. Forklift certified, beneficial. Must be fully DOT qualified, possess a valid driver's license with the proper endorsement for driving a commercial vehicle of at least 10,001 lbs or greater, and have an acceptable driving record. Must meet the Department of Transportation's testing and physical requirements. Must be at least 21 years of age or meet the state minimum age requirement to operate a commercial vehicle.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Must be able to apply knowledge of commercial driving regulations