The General Manager (GM), Travel Plazas oversee multi-faceted locations including grocery, convenience and fuel operations. The GM ensures that sufficient amounts of fuel are available, stores are well-stocked, fueling equipment is clean, safe and functional, while keeping the team members motivated to exceed customer expectations with fast, accurate and friendly service in clean surroundings. Provides guidance and leadership to grow sales, transactions, profitability while reducing employee turnover by creating a positive work environment. Because of this, the main responsibility and focus of a GM will be on providing a facility that meets Liberty’s definition of these terms.
Well-staffed Customer Focused Team
Employs properly trained customer service focus associates to meet all guest needs in a fast and friendly manner. The facility must schedule and have sufficient staff to meet anticipated customer traffic based on the current Liberty Labor Matrix. A well staffed facility is not one characterized by consistent understaffing or overstaffing. “Below Expectation” Job performances by associates are quickly met with retraining efforts or entrance to the disciplinary process.
Clean, Safe and Secure
Maintains a facility that is consistently “inspection ready” in all areas including food prep, sales floor, restroom, forecourt and gondolas. Complies and maintain all Department of Health, internal company and brand inspections. Conducts and follows daily Liberty Safety Inspection/Emergency Response Protocols to quickly recognize and remove potential safety hazards to customers, employees and vendors while operating in a manner that does not put company property and assets at risk.
Well Stocked Facility
Has adequate stock of fuel and store merchandise to satisfy expected demand from one delivery to another. The right build-to amounts are important to ensure that the freshest products are available to our customers at all times. Company standards for product display and rotation as well as vendor check in procedures are followed.
Entrepreneurial Approach to the Business
Constantly looking to drive sales and reduce costs. The sign of a successful business is one that is growing sales and transactions.
- Proper inventory control: Treat all inventories with a cash mentality! Over stocked is just as bad as being under stocked!
- Sales generation Champion and enhance Liberty’s marketing programs to meet or exceed sales target.
- Labor controls: Store is within Labor budget.
- Cash Controls: All company procedures are followed.
- Controllable expense: Includes items that impact the profitability of the location. They include but are not limited to: repairs, utility costs, uniforms, cleaning supplies, small wares etc.
- Fuel surveys: Fuel prices change frequently and can be very volatile. So the GM must keep up on daily reports from corporate to ensure appropriate price changes are made. GM must also do daily price surveys of our competitors and report those prices to the DM.
Operations: Strive to be the best in the Brand!
· Keep location in compliance with all brand standards. Maintain and ensure a safe clean work environment.
· Pass all Internal operational, training and paperwork audits.
· Ensure all brand sponsored mystery shops are at or above company standards.
· Establishes daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly sales goals/forecasts to meet and exceed budgeted expectations.
Provides strong community involvement by store and personne