Job Title: Machine Shop Supervisor
The Machine Shop Supervisor will oversee the fabrication or modification of mechanical parts for later use in Production. In addition, work will include prototypes, modifications, and assistance with other projects around the plant.
The supervisor interacts with supervisors from other areas, operators, and Engineers.
In this role the incumbent’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Manage the activities of the shop floor and follow established procedures and approved processes..
- To assist the Quality Manager in ensuring proper implementation of all QMS Procedures & Practices at the manufacturing site
- Strives to level load production schedules to ensure efficient and cost effective production
- Recommends labor and machine requirements to meet short and long term production schedules
- Ensures appropriate inventory for efficient production
The successful candidate will have a background which includes the following demonstrable experience, skills and education:
- 5 years in similar role.
- Demonstrated capacity to keep a safe work environment.
- Experience hiring, evaluating, and training of Tool Room technicians.
- Capacity to read and interpret technical drawings.
- Knowledge and practical experience using lathe, milling, grinding, cutting, and press machines.
- Knowledge and practice of fabrication of metal parts similar to those needed in manufacturing of electronic assemblies (sheet metal, plastics).
- Experience distributing work to Tool Room Technicians
- Experience fabricating fixtures and templates for production.
- Experience interacting with Design Group in fabrication of prototypes.
- Experience keeping tools and documentation organized.
- Purchase of some materials used in the shop.
- Good communicator with Production personnel, Managers, and suppliers.
Please contact 732-200-1506 for more information about this position.
LINK StaffingLINK is the premier provider of light industrial, professional, administrative, and skilled trades talent on a contract, project, and direct hire basis. Founded in 1980, we operate nationwide, employing over 17,000 employees per year. The secret to our success lies in a deep commitment to our core values. Our values guide our teams across each of our 45 countrywide locations and remain the foundation on which our legacy of success is built.