POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Material Coordinator will assist by managing inventory and ensure that material resources are consistent with production plan and schedules. The Material Coordinator will be responsible for monitoring both soon-to-expire and expired materials, both active and inactive, and ensure they are consumed or disposed of. The role will work closely with the Planning team to prioritize Manufacturing Orders as it relates to running out material. The role will work to ensure the release of Planned Manufacturing Orders that align with the Manufacturing Schedule.
1. Communicates with Production teams, planning, scheduling, and QA/QC to ensure timely releases of all items in Atlas to reflect in Infor.
2. Actively participates in Production and QA/QC meetings and decision making regarding raw material and bulk material.
3. Provides the Manager with a weekly update on assigned projects.
4. Evaluates expired & soon to expire materials inhouse and at 3rd parties, coordinates with production planning and Schedulers on usage.
5. Submits requests for recertification to QC based of scheduled production dates.
6. Follows up with contract manufacturers quality samplers to ensure proper sampling and testing is completed in a timely manner.
7. Monitors existing Manufacturing Schedule for opportunities to use soon to expire material to cut down on retesting fees and avoid material expiration.
8. Works closely with Manufacturing Scheduling/Planning Team to release and maintain Finished Good Planned Manufacturing Orders.
9. Monitors completed BULK to insure it is included in the Packaging Schedule and no material remains unpackaged or in QC Hold.
10. Reviews the reported in-house damages and ensure QA/QC makes a final disposition in a timely manner.
11. Compiles expired, damaged, rejected, and obsolete items proposed for disposal to the respective manager(s) and follows through on the dispositions with Inventory Control.
12. Performs any other related duties as may be required by Management.
BA Degree Required
Minimum 2+ years of relevant material planning experience
Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently with excellent accuracy and with minimal supervision.
Must be able to work with multiple departments
Must be proficient with Word and Outlook
Must have excellent knowledge of Excel
Excellent written and verbal communication
Experience with ERP systems a plus
Full time / Non-Exempt (Hourly)
9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (with 1 hour unpaid lunch)
Why Work Here?Since 1980, Link Staffing Services has been matching the right people with right positions at the right companies. Our employees get to work, our clients get to focus on building their core business, while we continue to be the quality leaders in industrial staffing. The positions that we can fill include professional, administrative, light industrial, and skilled trade.
35 Years of Finding Great Opportunities for Great Candidates Candidates enjoy excellent benefits and opportunities to improve their skills!
Santa Fe Springs, CA